Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 04:33
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 209/198/140 Female 5` 1"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Help me please!!!!!!

Hi there...

I just started Atkins today but i have one question.

I have read over and over that i am allowed 20 net carbs per day which includes everything i eat... but it continues to say i can snack on olives ... are these to be included ??? or are they extra?

Thanks very much
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 04:35
Staying Put

Plan: Atkins/CarbCycling
Stats: 299/252/180 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hi Billy - no you have to count those as carbs - BUT do yourself a favour and go sign up with www.fitday.com - it's free and you can enter all of your food and drink in there, it'll save you lots of time and effort when calculating values for everything as it automatically does it for you!!
Good luck, and pop by my journal sometime!
Emma xxx
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 04:41
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Welcome aboard billygroat,

Everything that you eat has to be counted.

Use that link JadeFox gave ya, it's real helpful and almost everyone on here uses it.

Good luck.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 04:49
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 209/198/140 Female 5` 1"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Thanks Emma!

Just joined up... put on my 2 eggs and bacon i had for breakfast.. thought they were free.. but it was 2 net carbs.. now im even more confused.

Have i got this right please

I can have 2 cups salad, 1 cup veg per day..
any amount meat fish etc
4 oz cheese - 1 net carb per ounce

Say i have chops and broccoli for dinner - then do i count the 4 net carbs from brocolli in my 20?

Sorry to be a pain!

olives
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 04:56
Staying Put

BF:

Hi - basically as long as you punch it all in to fitday before you eat it- then you'll find your own level with everything, but yes you are right - on induction it is 2 cups salad and one veg, and yes, you count absolutely everything you eat - put it all onto fitday and this way you'll make sure you never go over your 20 carbs a day. Fitday can be a little confusing at first, but you can find ways to tweek it for yourself so that it works really well for you.
The carbs you get from eggs are normally because of the white - and they are worth counting even though the book says not to worry about them.

And don't be silly - you ask any number of questions you like - I really don't mind helping a newbie - I was there not so long ago and people from here were fantastic!!
Come by my journal (by clicking on the link at thebottom of my post) and ask anything else you like - I'll always come by to reply to you!
xxx
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 05:13
Staying Put

BF:

Hiya, thanks for the message on my journal - you might want to consider making a journal of your own too - its a place where you can put your thoughts out for everyone to see and people come to visit out in it and that way, you can get the support you need to start out right! I can't remember how you start a journal now - it's been so long - but i'm sure if you want to do one, it'll be on one of the links - or do a new post and ask how to get one - i'm sure someone will tell you!
Good luck - and see you soon hopefuly!
Emma xx