Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-04, 17:55

Plan: Dr Bernstein
Stats: 310/300/200 Female 63 inches 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 9%
Smile Hello all Glad to be Here

I have tried to most of my life to shed my weight im german born, and all my family is large, I am the healthiest eater of the lot not eating the fatty stuff they eat and not consuming the salt, but i will tell you more on my food later. First, I need to tell you I am not very mobile, and thats not by choice, I am arthritis in the spine, also have a degenerating spine and am loosing three vertebrae that are crumbling, I also have arthritis in the hip joints, so walking is very painful, I have just recently gotten a scooter to get me out of the house more and help me get around I feel alot better that im not bottled up in the house anymore plus im getting movement of top torso and general well being.
Now to tell you how I eat, I do have a downfall now and then and have 2 sandwiches in the morning but that happens maybe 2 or 3 times every 3 months, it doesnt happen often as i feel so terrible, i do it when my BSL is really low and im starving hungry and feeling nauseous cause of the low bsl. For my usual breakfas i have 2 pieces of toast, with cheese usually, tomato pepper and a lil salt, avocado if i have it or lean ham, and a cup of tea with equal. Often i forget lunch and have a dinner of 100 grams meat, steamed potato usually 1/2 of one 1/2 a carrot, 2 - 3 pieces of pumpkin, one onion sometimes, and peas, often we have gravy too. I get hungry later at night so I stuff myself at dinner with vegies cause im so afraid of snacking.

I am a snacker of potato chicps but last night i threw the packet away i dont want to do that anymore, what other snacks are there that are healthy and can be snacked on anytime beside vegies.

I am 44, I live in South Australia, I am a happy person, I was told yesterday that i was having a reaction to new meds and my current BP is 210/102 I am real close to a stroke. So i am resting this weekend and im determined to lose more than the 10 pounds i lost. I need help and advice.

Hugs and Loves
Angeliene
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-04, 20:14
Slowly I turn

Plan: Atkins restart 3-17-10
Stats: 195.5/170.6/135 Female 5'5
BF:48%/37%/20%
Progress: 41%

Welcome aboard Angeliene! You've come to a great place. The people are friendly and here to support you. I would suggest you start a online journal, that way people can come and visit you and see how you are doing. I wish you the best of luck.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 13:28
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 251/200/150 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 50%

undefinedundefinedundefined Welcome Angeliene.. You can do it GIRL...I know you can. I also suffered from having high blood pressure for years, mine has been as high as Yours at times, Thou the doctors never really said to much to me. I went Friday to the doctors to have it checked...it was 120/80..and people are telling I look better than I did years ago.......For me its all in the determination.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 13:40
Rock, Ya'll

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/273/178 Male 6 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hey Angeliene.

Just passing through and saw the and the "Glad To Be Here" and thought I'd say hello. I'm glad to meet ya, and it's nice to see ya here.

If you haven't yet, you might also want to go ahead and create a Journal. That's pretty helpful, and also pretty fun.

See ya out on the boards then. Good luck with your program.

And cheers!