Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 04:45

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 291.5/259/135 Female 66 inches
BF:off the scale
Progress: 21%
Default 911 !!! Falling Overboard!!! HELP !!!!

GOT A NEW SCALE TODAY AND OLD ONE SAID THAT I GAINED 2 POUNDS NEW ONE PUT ALL OF THE WEIGHT BACK ON ME BUT A .5 OF IT.!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!

This is major upsetedness!!! (is that a word). I can't believe it. After all of this, my number has to jump back up to 281.5. Fighting discouragement terrible. Heavy sign!! Double heavy sign!!! .

I new it would be high, but I didn't think that much!!!! And why the two pound gain!!! Yesterday was a wonderful day of LC. I was under. Also, my ketostix was one shade lighter too. It went from moderate to small. (heavy sigh).

Please, someone, tell me what to do in this case!!!!

severely discouraged 911!!!!
JIMSBRIDE
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 05:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/193/145 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 29%

Stop obsessing.....! Just keep doing your plan and look toward your end goal....not these little bumps in the road.

You'll get there!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 05:22
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

I was reading in your journal that you had a chinese run in. Somtimes cheating doesn't show up for a few days. Is there anything else you have changed recently ?

Angel
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 05:35

Angel....read one more entry of my journal....I did a soul searching on it....please get back with me....thanks for your interest.... you two Octobersan

jimsbride
still sighing
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 05:40
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Hi jimsbride

I once gained 8lbs of water weight after my "bad" day.. It didn't show up for 3 days. But when it did it upset me somthing awful. As for skipping brekki. I am just like you. I didn't want to cook and started having yogurt every morning. I don't know how this works for others but I know for me it was a complete STOP to further weightloss. And Im a big yogurt fan so it bummed me out. I somtimes hardboil some eggs,cook some bacon to keep in a paper towel in a ziplock for those mornings I just don't have time to cook. Got use to it after a week or so. Hope this helps.

Angel
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 06:04

Default Angel

Wow, then I definately should not start with any yogurt right now. I need to see a major drop on my scale. The faster I can lose the better I will feel...emotionally that is. I have to change my numbers to really high...heavy sign...I want to at least see them back in the 60's realm...

thank you for your advice....keep an eye on me!!! I am going to make my journal very detailed with eating habits and honesty. (My confession booth) not that it wasn't before.

jimsbride
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 06:07
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Anything I can do to help jimsbride. I will pop in on ya
Take care and best of luck.

Angel
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 08:46

Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Jimsbride, a fluctuation of 2-3# is normal, especially if you ate lots of sodium in the past few days. Up the water and relax. There is no way you put on 2# of fat overnight.

Take care, Julie
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 08:54

Plan: SB and IR diet
Stats: 304/280/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 16%

I stopped weighing myself so much. I got rid of my scale and now drive to my MIL's every 2weeks and weigh myself. I do take measurements every week but those seem to be falling off of me! I would discourage jumping on that scale as much and drink lotsa water
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 09:30
based on real events

Stats: 198.5/190.5/135 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 13%

Did you also weigh yourself with the OLD scale? Once I bought a new scale and it really discouraged me with a 10lb YES 10lb difference, it sent me reeling into depression, until one day I realised, I DIDN'T gain 10lbs overnight, impossible, so my weight loss was just the same, just the initial number higher. KEEP ON TRUCKING you have done VERY well so far. Try to stay clean and 'cheat' with GOOD controlled carbs if you must.

YES it is very disheartening, but this is a great plan stick to it I SWEAR! I am only on week 4 and week 3 was a dead loss, I have changed nothing and all of a sudden the weight is coming off again! I have heard it said before, but always thought my body was different, IT loves to fat and would do anything to be that way, even though I am not a big food fan. If it works for my body, it can work for yours! ;-) This place is full of awesome people who share the same issues, keep bringing your frustration here and not to the fridge!

GOOD LUCK! Happy weight loss!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 12:02

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I had this happen when I bought a scale. I had never owned one and just used the one at work once a week. Then, I decided to buy a scale for home and it was different (higher of course!). I just bit the bullet and changed my stats to reflect the weight on my home scale and after a few days to a week I had gotten used to it.

I hate how the scale can determine my mood. I'll be feeling really good about this WOE and then I weigh myself and I'm up a pound or at the same weight for ANOTHER day and it blows my mood. I did get my DH to hide the scale on me for 3 1/2 weeks - boy, was that ever a 'weight off my shoulders' and I was much more relaxed and happy. Try it !!!!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 12:39

Stats: 211/211/175 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Another thing that can cause a little gain is TOM. So, if it's around that time it could be the culprit too. As far as breakfast, here is something that I do.......I make a crustless quiche on Sunday (Dozen eggs,sausage or bacon crumbled, cheese,favorite spices/seasonings,little heavy cream and a veggie like spinach or brocolli for flavor) I put the eggs,spice and cream in a blender until frothy, pour into a buttered casserole dish, sprinkle with meat, cheese and veggie and bake at 350 until firm in the center. I let it cool, slice it into 6 servings , place squares in a ziploc bag and put into the freezer. Every morning, I take a piece out and microwave it for breakfast or even lunch. It is really good and makes the week easier for me. I don't have exact amounts of cheese,meat etc. but have "perfected" it to my taste by experimenting. Just an idea

New scales can be depressing!! Sorry yours shows such a big difference. Keep on going!! You've done great thus far with your 10lb loss!!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 16:04

Smile Thanks!

I so appreciate each of you that took the time to write to me an ecouraging word.
lezleyz - your idea of breakfast was great! I have been thinking alot about making bigger servings and freezing them, just as you said. I am sure that is what I will do. No, TOM is not around, but I cheated the other day and thought I got away with it. However, two days later (today), I still felt bloated when I woke up...so I should have known that today is not a scale day. Thank you for all your suggestions.

nikkil - You are right, I need to break the habit of the scale before it starts. I obviously was paying attention to its numbers more than I thought. Might be a good idea to hide it for awhile. Thanks!

Wickedways - Yes, I weighed myself on the old scale first and was shocked that it showed 2 pounds increase. Last night my daughter tried the new scale and the old and the difference was only 3 pounds. So...silly me...that's what I thought would happen to me....and you know the story...it jumped a total of 11.5 pounds!!! Yes, I need to lose the scale thing....but one thing is for sure...there is NO turning back now...I suffered too bad during induction to let go now.( I had a hard induction having fibromyalgia). So thank you for all your words of encouragement.

jdreams76 - I'm doing the water thing for sure!!!! I'm holding on to the desk now just trying not to float away. LOL!

Mousesmom - you are right as well, the two pounds is probably fluid and that goes with not getting on the scale everyday.

To all of yous, again, thank you! Please feel free to check up on my journal or fitday and offer any advice that you think will help! I needed to be encouraged badly and am sooo glad there is others like me around to help.

jimsbride
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 16:07

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

First of all, scales must always be auditioned before buying them. You stand on all of them in the store and buy the one with the lowest number, lol.
Seriously though, try not to pay attention to minor day to day fluctuations. It is the trend, the overall downward direction that is important.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 16:34

Default Atriana

Atriana, you are funny!!! Thanks!!

jimsbride