Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 20:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/263/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:
Talking New here

Hi everyone
I am glad to be here since I am no longer getting ANY support from where I work-everyone says it so unhealthy and I have gotten to the point where I look at them and say (completely straight faced) I guess it is better that I die from a heart attack because I am fat, right? Not another word comes out of their mouth and they are all back to the Cheetos and junk from the machine after doing Atkins for a month-I am having a hard time being strong and I have gone off Atkins for 2 weeks (thinking I could do Weight Watchers again) and I have not even made it my first 2 days without alot of carbs (over 30) I have re-weighed myself and I have lost 2 of the 3 pounds I gained during the "Weight Watcher 2 weeks" so do I need to start all the way over like I have never been on it I can't wait to look around here
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 20:55
Rock, Ya'll

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/273/178 Male 6 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Well, welcome in gogo..

Just dropping by to say hello. I'm sure you'll find a lot more support here than ya are at work.. lol

Hope to see ya out on the boards.

And cheers!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 22:24
I KNOW I CAN!!!

Plan: A combo of a few
Stats: 208/172/155 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hello and welcome to the forum

Good for you on standing up for yourself. I never understand why people have to try and sabotage your efforts. You'll be the one laughing when you get to your goal and they're still eating Cheetos!!!

I think you'll find a ton of support here, enough to make you stick with Atkins this time around.

Best of luck to you. Stay strong!!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 22:27

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Welcome to the boards. This place is great. Come over and visit the Triple Digits Club for folks with 100 lbs or more to lose. The folks there really do understand what it takes to lose a lot of weight!

Good for you for standing up to those folks at work! Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 22:40

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Dittos to what the others have said. To try to answer your question - no, you don't have to start over. There really isn't anything magic about Induction - it is mostly psychological. Atkins even admits that in a sidehanded sorta way if a few places. Just start following your low-carb guidelines at whatever level you want to start at - and Induction levels are perfectly fine if that's what you want. I wouldn't worry too much about limiting yourself to the foods on the Induction list, but I would suggest you limit yourself to the foods you were last eating until you are re-established so that you minimize the risk of inadvertently eating something that, for you, is a stall food that you didn't already know about. Plenty of time to find that out later.

Good luck and Keep the Faith!