Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 04:34

Plan: atkins
Stats: 162/136/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default oops

I've been on induction since October, I do have nuts occassionally and other lc products though but keep my carbs 20 or under. For some reason last night, I had a craving for this low carb icecream last night. It started out w/ two spoonfuls then it turned into several, it was like I couldnt stop. I didnt measure so I"m not sure how much I had. I'm pretty sure my carbs didnt get over 30 even w/ the icecream. I do work out a lot so hopefully it shoudnt cause a weight gain right? I"m too scared to weigh myself and dont want to dissapoint myself. I've learned though that I need to stay away from lc sugar treats unless they're atkins b/c once I start I cant seem to stop. I'm just really nervous that I messed it up? I"ll just do strict induction for the next week.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 04:55
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

I think you are over worring yourself for nothing. You will be just fine. I know that it is hard to allow yourself to believe this, but even after you cheat (which you did not do) you will still fit in your pants the next day. You will not be all of a sudden put on the weight you took off. There is no need for reinduction. And it is good to know that once in a while you can give in to some impulsese and be ok.

For the record, I eat l/c icecream a lot, well usually once a day.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 04:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/160.8/150 Female 173
BF:37%/27%/23%
Progress: 87%

I actually dont eat any LC foods, only because I dont have access to them, but I know that they can cause problems like you are describing.

Truthfully, even if you at the whole thing, it would only have been a terrible night in the "water closet"!

Your ok, consider why you did it, and move on.
Maybe you have to up your carbs if your craving more. Your weight is already closing on goal, with it only 15 lbs to go, so perhaps moving onto OWL which will up your carbs and give you more room for play. 30 carbs is hardly high, and you probably never even left ketosis.

Good Luck in finding the best course for you.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 06:21

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 240/224/199 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 39%

Recognize the weakness and avoid it at all costs in the future. I did this all weekend. I got the butter pecan KETO ice cream the little one...ate it all up! But I'm not upset about it. And I did great other than that...and guess what...my clothes still fit. I believe I'm in the Pre-PMS state right now and when I get there if I don't splurge just a bit I'll be out of control when I start so it's ok. This is how I'm able to keep at it all month...month after month and so far I've had great success. So don't worry about it!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 10:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 162/136/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

thanks for the support, I've just never gone over 20 carbs knowingly before, but the icecream tasted so good I couldnt help it.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 10:47
Brown-Eyed Girl

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Don't worry about it.. You have to treat yourself to something now and then or this WOE will feel like a punishment. I'm a big fan of the LC Vanilla icecreams and sometimes even top them with LC PB and SF Chocolate. This is a treat I look forward to and I'm sure has stopped me from having something else less "low-carb friendly".