Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 19:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/188/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%
Default Cinco de Mayo challenge - lose 10 lbs or whatever you want to track!

I started on May 6 last year at 245 (I think). I didn't have the guts to look at the scale right away, so I may have been well over 250. Anyway, I'm at 174-76 since November, unable to crack that set point from the old days when I was this weight for a while. Also, I'm not being rigorous as I used to be about logging my food counts or my water. I think my calories and carbs are in check, but who really knows??

So in roughly 8 weeks, I will have finished 1 year on Atkins, and would like to lose, in that time, at least 10 pounds and be in the 160-65 area, and more importantly, break my stall.

A motivating factor for me in additon to my 1 year anniv on Atkins is that I'm taking a trip for Memorial day weekend and want to use that as something to sprint towards and keep me from going off track.

I would like to invite anyone who's interested in joining an 8 week challenge.

These are the things I want to do:

1) go back to the basics
a) weigh and measure my food
b) track my food in a log
c) calories in the 1500-1800

2) Go to the gym 5x a week, (2x weights/wk)

3) Minimize prepared LC foods - such as ice creams, breads, bars, milk.

4) lose 10 lbs

5) cut the booze to 1-2 x / week

6) no cheating - this tends to happen with the booze

If you want to join, list what you want to accomplish in the next 8 weeks. Hope to 'see' a lot of faces in here!!

-s&p
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 10:24
Registered Member

Stats: 278/216/126 Female 53.5
BF:too much
Progress: 41%

I would like to join this challenge. I had a major problem this winter with quantity and quality of food. Have been back on induction for one week and doing very well. Very motivated to get back on the horse. My son is getting married on October 2nd and would very much like to be a normal size. My best to you.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 10:45

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

I'll join! I'd like to lose 8.5 pounds by May 5; that would put me at 170. More importantly, I hope to be/plan to be at 107 days abstinent from compulsive overeating and my personal trigger foods.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 10:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

cinco de mayo is about one year and one week for me! i am fighting the same battle and am planning on doing induction starting tomorrow. so, count me in! i don't know if it's just the winter blahs or what, but i have weighed the same since before christmas, so i am hoping this is just the start i need to get things going...

starting monday

journalize all carbs eaten for an accurate count each day
exercise 3x a week
try to increase water by 50%
no nuts, sugar free treats for one week

there it is....hope this gets things going again!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 13:29

BF:

hey great to see you guys!
I pretty much blew it Friday. Yesterday I was very good on the food (ie no cheats like friday- what a disaster THAT was! ), but didn't have any veggies. Haven't been to the gym yet.
Today my food is good. Had my veggies with lunch and plan to again with dinner. On track with the water. So I guess today's the first day for me.

Haven't had any LC foods because of this challenge. Went out and drank with dinner both fri adn sat, but the carbs were minimal in the booze. Didn't go off track with the food last night, but did friday

So I remain optimistic. I did weigh in today, at 173.4 (was 175 friday) but I'm afraid that's dehydration. Anyway, that's my low so I hope I can make this challenge really work for me.

I also wore out some jeans yesterday that were really uncomfortably tight before, so even though the weight had't gone down much I still feel good about that!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 13:55
ArtificiallyFlavored

Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

I started Atkins at the end of April last year. I did pretty good, up until Fall, then I pretty much got stuck where I am now, which is also an old set point for me. It's nice to know I made it through the holidays and winter without gaining, but I am ready to start loosing again. I'm starting to feel "fat" again. So it is definately time for me to get back into weight loss mode.

Count me in. I just want to start loosing again, I'm not setting a goal other than to be on a downward trend again. I weighed in at 183 this morning (normal 3-5 pound range of fluctuation for me).
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 18:20
~version 2.0~

Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

Quote:

4) lose 10 lbs

5) cut the booze to 1-2 x / week

6) no cheating - this tends to happen with the booze

Well you had me at hello... but you got me to join the challenge w/ these last three goals of yours..

I have roughly 10lbs til goal.. so i don't think i'll be losing all of that by cinco de mayo.. but even if i lose 2 lbs.. it'll help me to be accountable again..

I also need go back to only drinking on the weekends.. this going out during the week thing is not good for me health wise.. or sleep wise.. or diet wise.. as soon as my body is back to burning fat instead of alcohol.. i am out doing the drinking thing again

I am starting right now bouncing between 131-129..

Good Luck Everyone
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 19:53

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

Hey everyone! I'd like to join! I'm 216.5 right now and would like to be at 199 by May 5. 17.5 pounds. It may sound like a lot, but I seem to be losing weight rather quickly. I haven't lost any less than 3 pounds in one week so far. So I figure it's worth a shot. If I don't make it, oh well. I think I can do it!

Things I want to work on between now and then:

- Drinking more water
- Making sure I eat enough
- Working out an extra day a week
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 08:10
Registered Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 216/188/145 Female 66 inches
BF:43%/39%/28%
Progress: 39%

Hi everyone: I would like to join in. I started in August and have done really well, just slowed down to an absolute snail's pace. I have tried everything but it has to be back to basics for me.

My goals:
1) record daily food in fitday- it looks like I am eating way too much fat
2) work out 4X a week
3) no sf chocolate or nuts. (my greatest downfall)

I would like to lose to under 160 lbs by May 5. I got to my minigoal yesterday of 165 and then this morning I weighed 167.5. How does this happen? AHHHHHHH!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 10:03
Registered Member

Stats: 278/216/126 Female 53.5
BF:too much
Progress: 41%

Good Morning,
I am down to 209 today. That's a 9 lb loss for the week. My goal is to stay on induction and lose to 187 by May 5th.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 10:15

Plan: General LC/Protein Power
Stats: 158.8/142/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hello all-
Count me in. I am in a major stall and it is frustrating me to no end. I know that I need to cut out the nuts and more than likely the LC meal replacement bars. (Darn it!- they were busy day food )
My goals :
1. Stick to the basics! No prepared foods and no lc "treats" (chocolate or nuts)
2. Exercise 5 days a week instead of 4
3. Record everything in FitDay. It keeps me accountable.
** My college graduation is May 16 and I want to wear this fabulous sleveless dress. This is my motivation!!!!
Please help keep me on track!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 11:00

BF:

I 'm so happy to see so many people in here. Let's post our results and I'm sure that it will help motivate people to stick with it, so that everyone can reach their personal goals!!

My neighbor brought custard and cookies over for the rest of my family (she's been doing it for decades and I can't break her of it!). It was a major victory not to have any. There's plenty left, but I feel happy that I've not given in, and I keep reminding myself that I want to break my stall and not give in to that food and that if I give in, I'm basically accepting that my diet is subject to the whims and fancies of people who put food in my path. It's my job to stay true to myself and what I want to accomplish.

The rest of the day has been good. Had bacon, a cheese/egg beaters omlette, some mac nuts, some shrimp cooked in butter and garlic. no veggies yet though. I'll go to teh gym in the afternoon.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 13:40
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Hi, I just went back on the Atkin's Diet today, so I plan to lose rather quickly before May 1st. I will set my goal for 148 LBS by May 1st. That sounds like an awful lot, but I will probably loose 8-10 pounds just this week for a good jumpstart! Count me in!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 13:55
Bad Girl Queen

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 388/388/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

WOOHOOO, I wanna join...

My goals are:

1. to loose 19 lbs. (which will get me down to 345)
2. to stay within my 20 carbs a day
3. to exercise 3-4 days a week (which I'm currently at just walking my dog every day)
4. to not induldge in SF goodies
5. to take my dog on longer walks (which is for both of us )

I can do it! We can do it! I'm worth it! We're worth it!

Best of luck to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Becky
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 05:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

well, i survived a day without nut and a day without sugar free treats! well, except for some sugar-free jello---but no candy bars or sweets! i drank the extra water and did just fine. hope everyone is hanging in there! i know it's not easy, but together, we can do it!