Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 12:21
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 206/186/170 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 56%
Thumbs down I Am Badddddddd

w ell last week I was good - all week except friday night. I went to a fair without eating first (left right after work). I had an italian sausage w/o bun of course but was still hungry. We walked around a bit then my kids wanted more food!!!. So i caved. I had half of a poutine (tasted terrible), a little bit of cotton candy and 3 mini donuts. Then when i got home, my friend came over with some beers so i had 3. Saturday i was very good, sunday too except we had chinese food for supper. I am so pissed off at myself you guys have no idea!!!!
The stupidest part is that I did not even enjoy the poutine at all - it was terrible!!! felt sick to my stomach after.
Today i have been good and will be good, just like the rest of the week.
Guess induction has to start all over right? I have another question for you guys. I found these italian sausages dried and put in a bottle filled with olive oil. I can eat these right??? They are sooooo good
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 12:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/???/120 Female 5' 3
BF:way/too/much!!
Progress: 0%

Hey - no one ever said this was easy. So don't beat yourself up over it. It's hard to resist these temptations, but the important thing is that you started back this WOE. Ok, so you fell off the wagon, but at least you've hopped back on - so that's good!

Good luck!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 13:18

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Some food choices are better than others, but no food in itself is bad. Don't beat yourself up about it, get back to induction levels, it might take 3 days to get back into ketosis, but you will get there.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 13:22

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Fair food

I'm thinking over what's available at our fair--guess having another sausage would have been a better choice! There just isn't a whole lot else there that is LC, except for the Mt. Olive pickles.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 13:22
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 125/115/112 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

I agree, no need to beat yourself up over a splurge day... I feel the same thing when I give in to a craving, wondering if it was really worth it... And usually it isn't, but we live and we learn... Can't hurt to pick back up where you were before the splurge and get back down to induction levels...
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 15:47
Registered Member

Stats: 201/170/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quit beating yourself up and just jump back into the program. Its ok and you'll be ok.
By they way....what is a poutine?
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 06:24
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 206/186/170 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 56%

A poutine is french fries with curd cheese and gravy. delicious!!!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 16:07

Stats: 325/289/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:

Dont worry, I know how you feel. I have been lowcarbing since February. I have cheated three times. Today was the worst. I ate whatever i wanted all day. I feel terrible about it too. The trigger was not seeing any results from the scale since Easter. I have been so good - excersising and everything. My plan now is to hide the scale. This way, i wont get discouraged and mess up again. Looks like I'll be on induction again too. Good luck!