Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 18:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 136/129/118 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Where'd They go!....possible surgery.

I'm really happy that the weight is comming off, but am alarmed at the effect its having on my breasts. I'm not big in the first place but I already don't fit in my bras I still have 20 pounds to goal but I don't want to see my boobs as little raisins when I'm done. This is like a "You win some, you lose some" scheme. I shouldn't care because I'll be healthy, but I fear I won't look like a woman. Please keep in mind that I'm a very short person and I would not look my age if it weren't for the breasts!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 18:53

Stats: 190/145/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 69%

I'm getting mine done this summer. I was just waiting for my red blood cell count to get up there again before I scheduled surgery.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 19:10

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

I would be happy to donate mine. I have PLENTY to spare. My husband panics when I tell him after this last kid I'm having them taken down to a perfect little non-existant A cup so I don't ever have to look at another stupid bra again!

Jenn
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 19:25

Stats: 279/247/180 Female 5' 4"
BF:Way/too/much
Progress: 32%

I have been waiting years to lose enough weight to get a reduction. Now I'm wondering if I can even do that. They seem like just a D cup worth of mushy, saggy skin now. There is a thread around here somewhere about this. My favorite post was about being able to lean over and put them into Pringle cans . I mentioned it to a my doctor and he laughed hysterically, then said he'd be happy to refer me to a surgeon. . After I have my next child I am going to take him up on the offer and see if they can get them off of my knees .

Alli

Last edited by allibaba : Sun, Apr-18-04 at 19:30.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 19:34

Stats: 190/145/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 69%

They were so great when I was pregnant... <she says wistfully>
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 20:58

Stats: 235/153/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by allibaba
My favorite post was about being able to lean over and put them into Pringle cans

That was my favourite post too! I told my daughter about it (who is a very well endowed size 5, poor dear), and she looked ill. Maybe, I shouldn't have given her such a vivid glimpse into her future?!

I'm seeing a breast reduction in my future too, but there may be only some lose skin to remove from the looks of the way things are going!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 21:34

Plan: Atkins OWL 30g
Stats: 150/135/125 Female 66"
BF:?/18%/15%
Progress: 60%

Getting mine "done" was one of the best things I've ever done, just for myself! I devote most of my time and energy to my little ones and my DH, and for once I decided I was going to do something just for me. I never sagged, I was just flat as pancakes. I went from an AA to a C cup and I never looked back. But I didn't feel that I was doing my new additions justice until I began to lose some weight on Atkins. That is the great thing about an augmentation -- unlike "real" boobs, they will not shrink as you lose weight! Although I know many people feel uncomfortable about or critical of plastic surgery, especially something like a boob job which is usually done purely for cosmetic reasons, I highly recommend it.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 23:25

Stats: 165/158/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 28%

Mine are like a flat tire. After having 6 babies nurse, well, you can just imagine. I do wear a wonder bra and I love it . My oldest daughter worked at Hooters and she said all the girls wear them. I can never go back to another bra
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 23:32
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I am definetly getting mine done. I hate being overweight and flat chested. Most women who gain weight at elast get boobs to go with it. My biggest gripe though is uneveness. I know all women are uneven, but mine are more then a cup size and are different shaped. This makes wearing tight tops impossible for me, no matter how much weight I lose. If after the surgury they aren't a perfect match, that will be ok, but I would at least like a strait line from one nipple to the other. (I'm thinking of upgrading to a large C, small D. My mother is a full D, so I have a good idea how it would look on me)
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 00:33
i see stars

Plan: My own way
Stats: 168/165/140 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I am definitely getting mine done - I've never been to fond of mine anyway. However, I was in a car accident in '95 and went from 130 to 195, then back down to 125, then just recently climbed up to 163. So, they have been through a lot.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 06:24
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/147/125 Female 5 ft 2 inch
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default I know how you all feel...

I am actually worried about how bad they will look after losing 25 lbs. However, I still have 22 to go so I might as well not worry. I did however start chest exercises and can already feel a difference in my upper chest. I am hoping that the exercises at least help keep what I have left over up there alittle cuz I am already pointing at the floor if you know what I mean. I don't need a boob job now, just nipple realignment. How much would that cost???
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 08:12

Stats: 250/-/- Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 22%

I am definitely going to have a boob job when this is all said and done. Although I have no room to complain because I am a full D, but I can tell from losing just 22 lbs that I am droopy and when I am done getting to my goal, I want to be perky again!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 08:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 164/146.0/135 Female 64 in
BF:38.5/31/20
Progress: 62%

I plan on having mine done after I'm finished having children.
I don't want any added (I am a very low haning D), just what I have lifted up to where it belongs (no longer at my navel) !

I have never heard about the pringles can before, but I'm fairly confident that is trick that I too could perform.

BTW even the wonder bra can not make cleavage out of what I have!

Happy LCing,
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 09:16
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Good luck to ya when you have them done. Hope all goes well for ya.

I'll keep mine. When I was a size 6 I was a 36B so I'm hoping to be at that same size when I get there again. I'm so tired of these D's.

Cheers,
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 11:31
Registered Member

Stats: 263.5/270/160 Female 69
BF:
Progress: -6%

Oh, I already have surgery on my mind. When I was 165, my breasts were only a 36 B. They are currently a 42C. As soon as I lose all my weight again, I am having the boob job done.

Some people think that sounds really shallow, but shallow is part of why I am on this diet in the first place! Sure, I could take the noble, high road and say, "oh, i am trying to lose weight to be healthier". That isn't totally true though. I am trying to lose weight so I look hot again.

And my new boobs will be part of that. ;-)