Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 09:20
Krazy Karb Kel

Plan: south beach/atkins
Stats: 174/154/135 ? Female 5 feet or so
BF:not sure....
Progress: 20%
Default Mon March 29- Re-induction Goal 14 days

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Let's DO THIS!!!!

It's day one to get back on track if you fallen of the wagon. Please join me in 14 days of keeping those CARBS under 20. I am also giving up my recently acquired smoking habit so this will be a double whammy.

Feel free to post your weekly eating and exercise goals and /or menus

Thanks for joining in!

Deshukel
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 09:25
Krazy Karb Kel

Default My meals for the week.

Dinners:

Mon- Salmon w/ garlic, olives, capers sauteed zuchinni
Tue- Beef patty melts w/ musrooms, onions & cheddar
Wed- Deli meat rolls with spinach & provolone
Thur- Tuna salad w/ egg and green pepper
Fri- Frittata with Shrimp and veggies
Sat- WORK ( maybe chicken)
Sun- Beef Stroganoff

I have stocked the fridge with eggs, string cheese, celery & cucumbers for snacks & lunches. I also bought a few packs of the Starkist dry tuna packs. I LOVE the hickory smoked flavor.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 09:37
Krazy Karb Kel

Default Come on Join IN!!!!!!!

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Where are my friends at ??
Anybody ready to redo induction or just challenge yourself a little more?

So far I'm good. Day 2 and I have made it to the gym twice, and am scheduled to go tonight!!!

Had a great day of eating yesterday and I'm not even hungry this a.m.... I guess I better make myself eat some breakfast!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 10:27

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Hi. I just got started back exercising yesterday. I started this woe January 19th. I've lost 9.5 pounds (150.5) I dipped down to 149 but my weight flucuates 3 pounds all the time. My goal is 140. Right now I REALLY want this flab gone, so I am walking 30 mins. and resistance training one body part 5 days a week. I will become more ambitious after a couple of weeks. What is your exercise routine? Your dinners sure sound good. I'm an emptynester so I don't go to very much trouble cooking anymore. I'll keep track of the carbs and post it here along with confirming the exercise for the day. You wanted to do this for 14 days, I'm 2 days behind, but I will be very strick for the remaining time. Debbie
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 10:34
Krazy Karb Kel

Thumbs up Thanks for joining in!!!

Galatia,

The exercise goal sounds great! Thanks for joining in.. I'll write more later, ok?

De
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 13:47

BF:

Yesterday I walked outside for 30 mins. and worked back. I had 20 carbs. for the day, and weighed 149.5 this morning. Today I walked the treadmill (too cold outside) and worked chest. So far I've had 9 carbs. but I still have a lot of day left. So far so good. Debbie
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 14:19
Krazy Karb Kel

Galatia...

You should be really proud of yourself! I am proud of you and Thanks for sticking with me on this. I was thinking tomyself today that even tough I'd been underthe weather, I still made it to the gym everyday this week! I am meeting my neighbor tonight at 7 so YEAH!!!

I have done 30-60 minutes of cardio everyday, push-ups, crunches, very few weights because I've just been too drained. I'm fighting an awful chest infection which is wearing me out, but I refuse to give up...not this time...NO EXCUSES!!

You said you are an empty nester right?

Have you ever made a meal and portioned and freezed it? I think that might help you out.. Otherwise it is hard to cook for one...

Talk to you tomorrow!!

Deshukel
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 07:58
Krazy Karb Kel

Good Morning Challengers, don't be afraid, you can still join in!!

How are you this A.M. Galatia???
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 17:39

BF:

If it weren't for this 14 day "carbs under 20" I would be eating my low carb cheesecake tonight. But I will instead eat an egg and my low carb sausage....that'll put me at 20 for the day. I had 19 total yesterday and weighed 149 this morning. Treadmilled for 30 mins. and worked shoulders and arms. Because I didn't work out Monday I had to get it all in today. I'm sore and lovin' it. I am also very happy to be under 150 for 2 days now. Well...I should have said my husband and I are emptynesters. He is low carbing too, and we sort of just fix what we want. I make cheese soup and eat it for 3 days. My foods pretty much are the same all the time. Not alot of variation but I love the stuff I'm eating for now. How do you make the beef stroganoff? You are doing great. I think I will start push-ups and other floor exercises too. I use to do them during commercials. My legs are just pure flab right now....disgusting. I am feeling good about getting the weight off for the first time in years. I'm sorry more people didn't join your challenge, but I'm glad you started it. Have you had a hard time with the smoking? I hope your feeling better. Debbie
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 21:32
Krazy Karb Kel

Default No exercise today

Well I have to admit, today got the best of me... I had to go to the Dr. again... New antibiotics, breathing treatments, inhaler, Chest Expectorant.... THe good part of this is that it has completely reduced my desire to smoke. I know better than jeapordize my health anymore.

I just couldn't bring myself to cook or workout today so I ate out for lunch and dinner..Lazy me.

I ate meat and veggies at the chinese buffet and then ate the inside of battered fish and a salad for dinner.

Have to admit I probably ate about 10 french fries which probably maxed out my carbs..

I'll do better tomorrow.

Beef Stroganoff:

Sometimes I brown the meat first, but I cut up chunks of beef roast and usually put it in the crock pot with onion, mushrooms, a little crushed garlic, and beef broth..Cook untill tender and add in cream or real sour cream. At my husbands request I usually add a small amount of tomato paste which doesn't affect the carbs too much for a whole pot. Paprika, parsley, Salt & Pepper.

You can do this in the oven or on the stovetop with a lid.

HINT: I get the best flavor browning the meat in butter first.

Have a great day Saturday, I'll check in with you tomorrow~~

DeshuKEL

Tell me about your cheesecake.....
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 04:40

BF:

Hi. Sorry your health got worse, but hopefully you'll be feeling great very soon. I read your profile this morning...(which if you notice is very early)...I have been having a hard time sleeping lately. Anyway, I use to be a gymnastics teacher too. I was also an aerobics instructor for about 3 years. I was in the best shape of my life at 35. Well obviously things changed and up until I started this wol I was in the worst shape of my life. Good news...I weighed 148 this morning. Thanks for the recipe. I love beef strog. My cheescake recipe: Crust--roast 1 cup of pecans in butter then grind them finely with 1 tablespoon of Splenda and press into a baking dish where you have melted butter.
Filling-- 1 pkg. creamcheese, 1 cup sour cream, 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, 1 heaping Cup Splenda, 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix well. Beat 1 cup Dairy Fresh Heavy whipping cream into stiff peaks and fold into the rest of filling mixture. Spread over pecan crust carefully. Refrigerate. About 63 carbs for the whole thing. (Dairy Fresh says it has no carbs) Hope you're feeling better this morning and your day goes well. I won't be writing again until Monday....I'm going out of town. Have a good week end!!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 10:09
Krazy Karb Kel

Hi

I hope you had a good weekend. A nice trip out of town..
Thanks for the cheescake recipe. I'll have to try that when my 14 days is up. Thanks for joining in the challenge!!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-04, 04:30

BF:

Hi. I had dropped down to 146.5 for 2 days....but I didn't do so well Sunday and Monday (I didn't eat bad carbs, just more than I should have, I ate out) and went back up to 148, but I'm back to 147 now. I'm exercising M-F, and taking a multivitamin and potassium (just got around to taking suppliments). I feel so much better. Is there any suppliments that you take that you think are wonderful? I'm taking Vitalert multivitamin, it gives me so much energy. Well, I did mess up a little bit a couple of days, but I'm being more careful now. Hopefully by the end of the 14 days I'll be at 146. Is the 12th the end? On the 30th of March I was 150.5 now I'm 147 so I'm happy. Keeping the carbs at 20 and starting exercising and suppliments made a difference for sure. How is your respiratory problem? Hope you're completely well now. Bye for now.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 14:30

BF:

I'm done! There is no hope that I'll stay under 20 carbs. Next week is TOM and PMS is enough of a battle right now without the added frustration of cutting carbs. Good luck with all your goals Deshukel!