Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 08:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/210/150 Male 10 ins
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default day 3

hi

On day 3 today. Lost 4lbs so far but feeling light headed and dizzy. Is this normal?

All info appreciated

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 09:10
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/155/135 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi there...

I am on day 8 of induction (with no loss but, that is besides the point). I definately had dizzy spells pretty frequently in the first 4 or 5 days. They seem to have gone away. Do you drink enough water? I think that helps. Are you sure you are eating enough calories?? Because I thought that I was with all the food but, when I plugged everything into fitday for the first time I only had 990 calories and my carb/fat/protein ratio was off (the fat low/protein high) so I added more fat and calories without having to add much more food.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 09:22

Stats: 265.5/248.5/190 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi!

I'm on Day 3 of the Induction also. I have also lost 4lbs. I have had a headache for the past three days and an upset stomach. I have not felt any dizziness. I agree with Amie4Prez. You may not be eating enough or not keeping your body hydrated with lots of water. A friend of mine suffered for about a week with similar problems and it was because she was not consuming enough water.

Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 09:31
Registered Member

Stats: 165/155/135 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

I too, had an intial loss of water weight (about 5lbs in 3 days) but, I drank a ton of water and have done so since. The 5lbs did come back but, I think whatever I lose now will be fat instead of just water. If you keep your system fully hydrated than you won't keep seeing a drop in the scale just because of water and when you do see a drop you will know it is FAT!!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 17:18

Stats: 161/152/125 Female 64
BF:35/32/18
Progress: 25%

You should also make sure you take a vitamin supplement, just to make sure your potassium stores don't go too low.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 09:41

Stats: 210/210/150 Male 10 ins
BF:

am drinking about 5liters of water a day. Maybe i should try to increase fat in take.

Developed a slight fever, now recovered.

Thanks for all info and support
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 09:49

Stats: 235/214/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:40
Progress: 28%

What your feeling is quite normal. It's like detoxing from a bad drug. Your body is adjusting to the lose of all the carbs you used to load it up with. You may also get headaches and feel tired for a couple of days. Your body will adjust to the changes. Take your multivitamins and the magnesium/calcium suplements.

You will get through it and be better for it on the other side. You'll have better energy levels, the fat will start to come off.

As you can see by my signature, I did well. I lost almost 8 lbs on the two weeks on induction.

Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 04:38

Stats: 225/173/180 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

what works for me now, throw the the damn scales out and follow the induction as close as possable. remember to keep it as clean as poss by getting all of your carbs from vegs. stay away from all lc junk foods snacks, bars ice cream, shakes and breads. i guess some people can eat them no prob. good luck!
i drink about a gallon of water per day.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 09:07
Registered Member

Stats: 310/310/180 Female 5'10"
BF:

My first week on Atkins I felt just awful!! I felt like I had the flu. It is just your body withdrawing from all the carbs and sugar, give it time and you will feel better than you ever have.