Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 14:59

Plan: Mine
Stats: 189.5/185/135 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default What Have You Gained

Got to talking in the weekend post about all I'ved gained in the last 12 weeks. That made me wonder about the rest of you. I've lurked and read your physical progress and cheered you on (if silently.) Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to know what you've gained from your 12 week challenge. Even if you haven't finished, I'm sure you noticed changes.

RN
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 08:36

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 140/123/125 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:?/20%/18%
Progress: 113%

Since I'm just starting out on week 3, about all I've gained is knowledge and I am now staring to feel "the groove" kick in. By knowledge, I mean I used to spend WAY to much time on cardio and then wander around my basement mindlessly working out with weights, while doing laundry, aiding the kids with whatever they need at that moment, throwing the ball for the dog, (you get the picture) I understand now the extreme importance of appling myself. Finally "getting" that is going to do wonders for my down the road..

"The Groove" is when the program your on starts to feel like routine. This is starting to happen. Before that time, I find, a program doesn't work. Once you start to own it, watch out! This is where I'm at. Starting to run with it...

Sorry, I know you were hoping for some "actual" gains, but this is all I have.. ..Hopefully I'll have more to offer in time..

Joy
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 18:54

Plan: Mine
Stats: 189.5/185/135 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 8%

That sounds like a gain to me.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 08:00
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

FLRN -

I've gained a few things with BFL (but not weight...)!

- I have gained a ton of energy....
- I feel healthier
- I lost over 17 pounds on my first challenge and gained a lot of muscle tone...
- I'm not hungry anymore! I used to go home and stand in front of the fridge and put food in my mouth because I was hungry. The six meals a day with BFL have really helped stabalize my eating and has made me less hungry!

Best of all I've gained confidence that I can do this!

Kiks!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 16:05
Registered Member

Plan: strictly BFL
Stats: 183/166,4/158 Male 180 cm
BF:22%/18%/12%
Progress: 72%

I have learnt to train the right way. Even I am have been at several gyms in the last years I never felt that good after 6 weeks of training!
It is the first time that I have the feeling that my weakest parts, shoulders and arms, are trained the right way without risking new injuries, because the smaller muscles like the muscles of the rotator cuff won't get overloaded. The last time I trained really hard I injured my left rotator cuff and need 2 months of acupunture to be able to train without pain.

I am learning to overcome frustration even my general results are not as perfect as they could be.
Unfortunatley I gained 3 lbs since I started and regretfully it's not all muscle. It seems that the diet is my really weak part.

Last edited by superflat : Tue, May-04-04 at 16:29.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 16:17

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%

Well I've gained a more muscular look that I ever had before, and I've done some sort of strength training on and off for over 10 years. I've also learned to overcome perceived obstacles, like my irregular work schedule. Instead of saying, "I can't do that because ...", I find myself finding a way to make things work, not only with my exercise and diet but also with other aspects of my life.

Jen