Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 10:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/159/130 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 28%
Unhappy I need a buddy

I know that I have been at this for a while, asked some pretty basic questions and some dumb ones, but I need some support. I have always been a team player, I'm used to working with other people on projects and events. I really feel that I would be much more successful with this if I had someone to share my ups and downs with and someone to get on my case about exercising, drinking water, eating right. I dont know if you all already do this, i'm sure that many of you have diet buddies, exercise buddies etc but I'm looking for someone that would be willing to email back and forth with me...i mean just once a day to kind of check up on each other and ask those probing questions like "did you exercise last night" "did you cheat?" "how much water are you drinking" or even to talk to about different phases. I guess this sounds like a serious personal add LOL but really i'm just looking for someone who has the drive to lose like i do but may need an extra hand, may need someone there encouraging, reminding, repremanding, etc... SO, if anyone out there is willing to be my LCbuddy I would be THRILLED. thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 11:20

Stats: 250/-/- Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hey LucyBlue, I am also beginning and could use some support. Send me an email and let's chat.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 11:26

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'll leave this here, because I know you want to hook up with other newbies...

...but you might also try posting in the Buddies area, here. Lots of support there too!

Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 11:29
Registered Member

Stats: 170/159/130 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 28%

hi MilanoSI I would love to email you but i checked your profile and couldnt find your email address in there. do you think you could post it or put it in your profile so i can contact you? thanks
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 11:37

Stats: 250/-/- Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 22%

LucyBlue

It is very odd, but I can't even PM you. Strange. You can email me at Milanosi2000~yahoo.com for now. I would rather not put the email address I use regularly in a post.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 11:39

Plan: just do it
Stats: 140/131/115 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 36%

hey lucyblue! just another newbie here--i'd love to email back and forth with you! here is my email addres

leshaimorse~yahoo.com
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 11:53

Stats: 246/179/150 Female 5 ' 2
BF:Sz24/Sz12ish
Progress: 70%
Default E-mail support

I see you have a bunch of replies but if you still need e-mail support - just let me know. Have a great day.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 14:41
Out of service...

Stats: 220/205.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 18%

you aren't allowed to pm until you have 25 posts, that's why you can't do it. Also, you shouldn't be putting your email on any of the threads....
A really good idea at this point would be to start a journal. You'll be amazed at the support you get there, feel free to pop by mine!

Jenn
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 15:35
Registered Member

Plan: no rice
Stats: 132/132/112 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi lucyblue,
how are you? im kinda new here and doing the same thing like everybody does * dieting* Maybe we could be buddy as well.. when you get a chance pm me so that we could chat or email me if you want ( s3xy_thang~hotmail.com).. i;ll talk to you later then