Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 17:47

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 188.4/188.4/132 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Help ? Too little calories .....

Hello

I have consumed a total of 744 cals today (accordin to Fitday). Now give or take a bit, that certainly isn't more than 850 cals. But I am absolutley stuffed and can't eat anymore.

I di follow the rather interesting thread about how some people have lots of hunger before a weight drop and then can't eat a lot for a couple of days after. I think this is what happened here. On friday I had the munchies all day. Didn't do a food log, but I am sure I stayed under 30carbs (which is where I want to be), but calorie wise I guestimate about 2500. Saturday I had the first weight loss in over a week. Since then I just haven't been hungry, and when I do eat something, I full straight away. I forced myself to finish dinner tonight, but I was actually full after the first couple of bites.

Here is what I had today:

Breakfast:
1 mug of Coffee with Double Cream (Heavy Cream)

Lunch:
3 chicken drumsticks

Dinner:
Vegetable-Turkey Stir-Fry with Coconut Cream*

No Snacks.

I don't have breakfast on Sundays, as I don't get up so early, so lunch/breakfast kind of rolls into one.

Totals:

Cals: 775 (very bad)
Fat: 51 / 60% (bad again)
Carbs: 10 / 5% (good, though a little low)
Protein 66 / 35% (suppose about right)

Now, I cannot possibly eat anymore. How can I make sure, I don't run low on calories again next week ?

*Veggie Stir Fry (= 3 servings)
60g Green Beans
220g Brokkoli
200g Bell Pepper
30g Onlions
2 Tbls Coconut Oil
200ml Creamed Cocount (no sugar or chemicals added)
10g Spring Onions
400g Turkey Breast

It's just a way to use up the veggies at the end of the week. Whatever is left gets mixed with meat and coconut cream....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 18:39
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I'd say eat something for breakfast, even if it's something small. Many find if they skip breakfast they have no appitite the rest of the day. CAD says this is a good thing, while other eating plans blame the metabolism slowing for lack of appitite.

Also try adding a salad with lunch. Have some olive oil with the dressing and that helps. Maybe make a cesear salad and use the drumsticks with it for a protien. You look like you more protien, carbs and fat all around.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 20:19

Plan: SB (formerly Atkins)
Stats: 196.5/167/140 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress: 52%

I often have problems consuming too few calories; it stalls me. Since I've started using Fitday, it's better, but I still think sometimes I slip backwards.

One thing that helps me is to eat snacks instead of meals. A good breakfast, a few deviled eggs a couple of hours later, some chicken a few hours after that ... You get the idea. My appetite is more revved up that way.

Another thing that helps is to drink calories. Find an herbal tea you like and drink a few cups a day with cream in it. Or Diet Rite with cream in it helps too, but the carbonation might make you feel overly full.