Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 13:25

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 260/197/150 Female 5'7
BF:52/42.5/28
Progress: 57%
Question Have I got this right?

Hi Everyone, I have been lurking on this forum for a while and am beginning the BFL program. I have a question regarding food and meals - my program was lower body workout today, and I did a very intense workout for 1 hour 15 minutes including a 5 minute cardio warmup and about 10 minutes of abs. I worked out on an empty stomach (first thing in the morning - was up at 6:00, had a coffee and at gym by 7:15) and then I had my first meal at 9:30 - lo-carb whey protein drink from GNC plus a Carb-Rite bar - 14 g protein, 2 net carbs. I had lunch at 1:00 - a small pork chop and salad with 1/4 avocado, cherry tomatoes (5), soy cheese shreds (1/4 cup), blanched sliced almonds (2 tbsp), mixed greens (romaine, raddicchio) - 1 1/2 cups - and 1.5 tbsp mayo for dressing.

For afternoon snack I will have 1/4 cup 2% cottage cheese and 1/4 cup blueberries. Not sure what dinner will be but will probably be another leftover pork chop, broccoli OR cauliflower with shredded soy cheese and salad. Then snack at night will be 1 large stalk celery with either natural peanut butter or low-fat cream cheese.

I've been drinking lots of water - about 8 - 10 cups already today.

My question is, I am dizzy right now - it is about 1/2 hour since I ate my lunch - did I eat enough? My portion sizes seem right, but would like some feedback from you experts :-) who have been doing this for a long time - you can see my workout in detail in my gym log if you care to.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Laura
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 18:02

Plan: BFL
Stats: 167/162/167 Male 6'3
BF:13%/10.4%/10%
Progress:

1 hour 15 minutes seems too long for the BFL lower body workout, should really take more than 42 minutes (or 46 can't remember which).

If you are just finding your feet, no pun intended, with this then I suppose it could take this long. No real need for the 5 min cardio warm up, the first set of each weight group should act as a warm up/stretch set.

Do you feel you ate enough?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 16:42
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue
Progress: 52%

My BFL weight workouts are much longer than recommended--about 65 or 70 minutes--and I am progressing well. The extra time comes from working out with a partner...it takes time to change the weights and for the other person to do her set.

Ideally I would like to do the workouts within the recommended time, but it just hasn't happened--and so far I have lost about 10 lbs in 6 weeks and my lifts have gone up dramatically.

However, I do extra cardio, partially to compensate for the lost "aerobic" effect because I do longer workouts and therefore get to rest more than he accounts for in the plan.