Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 16:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/191/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default need a buddy

im looking for a buddy to work with me that i can support too.. i have been on this induction phase a little over a week .. i thought i was doing pretty good untill i realized i may be eating some hidden carbs .. i have lost 9 pds so far ... anybody want a buddy ?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 17:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/189/145 Female 5'3
BF:48%/47%/20%
Progress: 23%

I am always up for a buddy.....but I do not kno wmuch about this stuff either......
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 18:13

Stats: 175/172.5/115 Female 62.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi cpretty, looks like you live right up the road from me, I live in St. Pete. I started my induction all over again after joining this forum and figuring out all I did wrong. I wanted to do it right with no cheating. But you have lost 9 lbs, so you must be doing something right. I think that is great. So a big CONGRATULATIONS to you...keep up the good work.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 09:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/191/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:

hey sprissy... yeah looks like we are pretty close.. i did lose the 9 pds but it stopped so i got to looking and im not real tight on the induction and so im trying to get real strict with it but its hard when there are so many hidden carbs out there .... how are u doing on yours ?
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 17:06

Stats: 175/172.5/115 Female 62.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi, cpretty, I have been sticking to the basic foods. Meat, eggs, veggies and cheese (in small amounts). I try not to eat big portions of meat. I try to buy fresh veggies whenever possible. I also quit drinking the shakes but I allow myself 1/2 of an Atkins advantage bar a day. I consider this my treat and can't wait every day to eat it. But no matter what I only eat half. I still seem to be losing weight so I don't think it has hindered me. If you keep it simple I think you do better because you don't have to worry about those hidden carbs. If you can't pernounce it my rule is don't eat it. I bought an Adkins journal and I fathfully write down everything I eat. My biggest weakness is not getting enough exercise. I work 10 hours a day and when I get home I don't feel much like exercising. But I am trying to work on that. I think you could be right about the hidden carbs. You have to read the labels very carefully. I don't like the hassle that's why I decided to keep with the basic foods for now. No matter what keep a possitive attitude and remember your goals and you will succeed. I log on to this forum everyday and read, read, read. Sometimes it is the only support I get. And it helps me to stay focased.