Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 09:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/236/150 Female 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Question 25lb, 6th week, or Repetitive Menu Stalls??

Hi!

Anyone else find that they lost pretty easily until they got close to 25lbs? Or six weeks eating low carb? Or eating almost the same things every day?

I've been battling the same 1.5lbs for almost 10 days now. Up .5, down 1. Put the scare away for 5 days, up. 5. UGH!!! I work until 6:00 p.m., so not eating after 6:00 isn't gonna happen. I drink 140-160oz of water a day. Any ideas for how can I "jump start" for those who've been through any of the above??

I have done pretty well--slowed 3rd week, back up 4th, mini-slip with too many almonds about a week ago, but "cheat free" the rest of the time.

And I really (mentally, it would be my first "big win" and achieved goal) want to be able to say "I've lost 25lbs" and mean it and not think it is going to be 24 again every day or two. Suggestions?

Thanks!
Sue
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 13:14
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Why not post what you are eating every day?

I get boring and eat the same things most days. I think it's easy to fall into a habit when you find something quick, easy, and good
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 20:58

BF:

OK, Ladybelle!

B=either chicken salad--6-8 oz w/2 TBL mayo, or 2 eggs and 1 Jimmy Dean sausage

L=either chicken salad (6-8 oz) or egg salad (2 eggs) or tuna salad (can) w/2 TBL of mayo and 1 cup lettuce (at each meal). Or, sometimes, I have low carb meatloaf and lettuce + dressing (1 carb blue cheese or 1TBL olive oil/vinegar).

D=same as lunch except possibly with cooked cabbage and butter OR spinach and butter. Occasionally, I sub a cheeseburger (6-8 oz, 1 slice cheese)

Every other day, I have a la Tortilla (1) with a meal.

I drink 120-160oz of water a day, plus 1 cup decaf (1 tsp splenda + 1 TBL cream).

I no longer (a little over a week without) eat nuts, as I seem to like too many at one time. I also do not eat any "Frankenfoods" unless you count the tortillas.

I currently weigh 258 . . .

Any suggestions??
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 21:17

Stats: 279/247/180 Female 5' 4"
BF:Way/too/much
Progress: 32%

Hmmm, sounds about when I had a "stall". I started October 10 and from Dec 4 - Dec 19 I had the same thing happen. Up a pound, down a half, up a half, down a pound! Very frustrating, but stick with it and you'll start losing again!!!
Keep up the good work.
Alli
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 09:34

BF:

Thanks for the support, Alli!

Guess what?? I woke up this morning after over a week of up and down with the same pound . . . and I'm down 2 pounds (the one I was up plus another!)

Whoo hoo!

25.5 pounds in 42 days!

The only thing I did differently was to ADD fiber. And I definitely know where those pounds went! Ha, ha!

Sue
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 10:26
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/170/150 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good for you!

It is easy for me to slack off on the fat and then I stall. A few days of concentrating on getting my fat per centages up usually helps.

Since I love food ~grin~ I spend lots of time keeping my menu fresh. I am hooked on shrimp scampi and brussels sprouts right now, with extra butter and sour cream.

I have to remind myself that in the first monthes, when I seemed to be losing every day, I was eating a lot of mayo.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 12:16

BF:

Carole,

Isn't it weird to have to add fat? I resisted the idea--and actually looked back at my entries and saw that I'd cut cheese from 3oz a day to 1oz and cream from 2oz to 1oz. I think this WOE must be about finding and maintaining that perfect balance. I'm not sure I'm there yet, but I'm getting closer! :-)

How have you added fat back?? The mayo? Other ideas? Just curious!

Sue
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 12:31
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/170/150 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress:

easiest for me is to eat egg salad, ham salad, tuna or salmon salad, heavy on the mayo. I make ham salad by grating a small canned ham (some brands are better than others).

~grin~ who knew it would be so much work to eat enough fat?