Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 11:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 349/336/160 Female 5ft.6ins
BF:
Progress:
Default The good the bad and the wanting!

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for the wonderful welcome back and so much encouragement. Consider this a BIG HUG

I have been away for the past week and I have missed out on the happenings.
I have good and bad news, how about the good first- I haven't put on any weight, however the bad news is I haven't lost any either. Is it possible that Atkins is not the right LC for me. I have reduced my carbs. totally. Perhaps you can advise me. I know I must be doing something wrong!!!
A normal day goes something like this,
Glass hot water with lemon juice. Approx. 7.0am
Bacon and eggs. Approx. 11.0am
Decaf. coffee and cream (maybe 4/6cups during the day) 11.0am - 4.0pm.
Meat/Fish (mostly alone,
rearly with cabbage or some green veg.) 7.0pm.
2/3 liters of water during the day and thats it.

I knew I had more good news, the best news of all - I am back swiming again, today was day 2. (I hadn't been swiming for almost 2 years until yesterday)I must admit I had some misgivings, and 5 laps of a 25meter pool almost killed me, but I have done the hardest part - starting back!

Would it be wrong to hope for a 4lb. drop by this day week? I could use alittle weight movement,- in the right direction of course! right about now!!

Talk to you soon!

Hugs,
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 12:33

Stats: 298/209/170 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hi Gizmo,

It seems that you are getting very few calories. Your body might think that you are starving and holding onto the weight. Also, where are all the veggies. You need the veggies for some carbs. Don't try to go to low on the carbs. 20 net carbs a day should work great for you. Also, try using fitday.com to track your food and exercise. It is really a God send.

Good luck to you and keep up the good work!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 12:34

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome back to forum -it's a great help to keep on track.
Remember Dr Atkins took years to formulate the plan-He found eating under 20 carbs did not help weight loss-add your veggies back in.
Glad you are back in the pool -that sounds like a fun way to get moving. And 5 laps is great!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 19:14

Plan: Moderate Low Carb
Stats: 288/240/150 Female 5'0''
BF:
Progress: 35%

Great Job with the swimming. It's a great no impact exercise. I agree with the folks that have responded so far. Veggies are a good thing for lots of reasons. I follow the Insulin Resistance Diet which is actually a semi-low carb plan. It allows you to eat a limited amount of carbs as long as it balanced with protein. The weight loss is a little slower than on Atkins but it is a plan than I can follow for life. Find healthy low-carb recipes that you enjoy and think of all the benefits of your exercise plan.

I'll keeping my fingers crossed, hoping that you have a great loss this week!
Christy
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 19:24

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Hey Gizmo,

Here's wishing you a smaller number on the scale!

Great recommendations about adding more veggies. I'd also track how many carbs your getting from coffee and cream. I had to cut way back on my cream as I tend to like a little coffe with my cream in the morning. I was using about 3-4 tablespoons per cup, thats about 4 carbs per cup of coffe I've since cut back to one tablespoon per cup. I also switched from half an half to cream which helped me cut carbs and amount.

Here's another plug for Fitday. It is great to see how many fat/carbs/protein grams your getting everyday.

Keep up the good work and you'll get there!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 19:38
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Meat/Fish (mostly alone,
rearly with cabbage or some green veg.) 7.0pm.
2/3 liters of water during the day and thats it.

Well I dont' know what you meant to type instead of ''Rearly" but where's the fat in your diet? And ditto the vegetables.

I couldn't do what you are doing for very long. Remember, this is supposed to be a long term WOE. I see very few folks here on this board who would qualify for inclusion in Atkin's book (as in, Jane lost 87 pounds eating shrimp in three months, etc,.) but I do see a lot of folks who are slowly making it. I, for one, think/hope I have changed my eating habits permanently.

Good luck to you,

Kay
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 19:59

Stats: 275/266/175 Female 5'10"
BF:voluminous
Progress: 9%

Everyone has talked veggies and calories, which I agree with, so I 'll bring up the water. THe standard for determing how much water to drink is to drink half your weight in ounces of water so at 336 you should be trying to get in 168 oz. YIKES! you say and I'll agree! I am drinking between 140-160oz per day and, yes, some days I feel like I am floating! But I also feel much better when I am drinking that much, esp. my joints.

Hope that helps and enjoy your swimming-I'm jealous!

Connie