Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 12:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/175/175 Female 5'11"
BF:22
Progress: 100%
Default icky girl problem-open if you dare

This is kinda along the same lines as a problem I had a few weeks ago. I had started my TOM early and lsted 2 weeks.

This time, I am only 1/2 way thru my cycle (and pills) and I have a brownigh redish discharge. I know it is normal to have some discharge at this time,mid cycle and all that. I am assuming the brownish-redish is the same as early TOM. estragen stored in fat and all that. Am I right? Anyone else have this? It really helps to know if am not the only person this kinda stuff happens to, and I dpon't have any friends I can talk to about this.
Thanks
shan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 12:22

Plan: low-carb/low-cal
Stats: 145/140/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Whatever its from, you DEFINITLY should use some other form of birth control if you don't want any chance of getting prgnant. Breakthrough bleeding means your pills are not strong enough, regardless of the cause. If it keeps up, talk to your doctor and get a stronger prescription.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 12:26

I talked to the doc last month and she said I shouldn't worry about getting pregnant. That sometimes breakthru bleeding just happens. I hope she knows what she is talking about, lol. I guess I will give her a call and make an appointment.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 12:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/130/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 113%

I tottally agree with the PP. Mid cycle bleeding or spotting could be ovulation. If you don't want any little ones, consult a doc asap.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 13:16
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Shanny, last year about this time I started getting my period early, like on the third week (active pills) instead of the fourth week (sugar pills). My doctor told me that was fine and I was protected...well, after a few months of that, I ended up preggo! So if I were you I would definitely take the advice of the other girls here and use alternate birth control on the inactive weeks at least.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 13:23

Thanks all for the advice. I just called the doc and am waiting to hear back from her! I am def going in!
shan
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 15:06

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Sounds like ovulation to me!

I get the same thing, only I'm not on the pill anymore. Useful for cycle management, but I'm not going to get pregnant and if that were a risk, I'd be making sure with whatever methods were available to me.

Other people's opinions aren't much help with a 3 AM feeding.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 15:43

Stats: 148/137/120 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 39%

ok, you all have me concerned now. since starting induction in late january, my cycles have started a few days earlier each time. they have been heavier and last a 5 or 6 days now when they did last 4-5 before. does it sound like i am at risk for getting pregnant? no spotting. i am on the pill.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 15:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/138/125 Female 5 ft. 3
BF:
Progress: 89%

Quote:
My doctor told me that was fine and I was protected...well, after a few months of that, I ended up preggo!

But in your case...I bet you are really glad it happened now that the baby is there!...I never got around to telling ya congrats on the newcomer to your family!....I just love babies!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 16:22
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Of course I'm thrilled, and I'm having a blast being a mommy. It helps that I have the cutest baby in the world (pics in my gallery!) We were pretty shocked and unprepared at the time, though. I like to refer to it as the "craziest week of my life." DH graduated from college on Monday, he got his dream job offer on Tuesday, we signed a lease on a new apartment on Wednesday, starting moving stuff on Thursday, and found out I was pregnant on Friday! It was insane.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 18:08

Plan: low-carb/low-cal
Stats: 145/140/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by krp1010
ok, you all have me concerned now. since starting induction in late january, my cycles have started a few days earlier each time. they have been heavier and last a 5 or 6 days now when they did last 4-5 before. does it sound like i am at risk for getting pregnant? no spotting. i am on the pill.

No, doesn't sound like ovulation. It just sounds like your hormones are a bit out of whack and your cycly is "resetting" itself. As long as you don't get breakthrough bleeding you shouldn't be too worried about getting pregnant (aside from the 1% chance already, of course). With that being said, if there is any question in your mind, just use another form of birth control to be safe. I like the way the CS said it... "other people's opinions aren't much help with a 3am feeding"!!! LOL
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 19:57

Stats: 148/137/120 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 39%

thanks jennylynnrn