Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 18:49
boy interrupted

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/265/225 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy official stall

I think I have officially stalled and Im getting frustrated. I have weighed the same for almost 2 weeks now and scale is stuck. No ups or downs. I am hoping that it is because of the whole muscle toward fat thing, since i have been working out everyday. But I still would like to see some results. I am getting soooo close to throwing in the towel.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 18:58
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

working out will play with the scale numbers. Two weeks is not a "stall." Check out the tips and stalls section for info, experiences and advice.

take care,
Meg

throwing the towel in after a non movement in scale numbers for 2 weeks? How many years did it take you to get to your highest weight?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 19:01
boy interrupted

Stats: 265/265/225 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks Meg, made me feel better!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 19:02

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
I think I have officially stalled and Im getting frustrated. I have weighed the same for almost 2 weeks now and scale is stuck. No ups or downs. I am hoping that it is because of the whole muscle toward fat thing, since i have been working out everyday. But I still would like to see some results. I am getting soooo close to throwing in the towel.

Do you think the Pizza, beer, fried rice and Pineapple milk shake from Sonic might have contributed to that "stall"? Not picking on ya......just saying I know where you are coming from! Committ yourself for TWO weeks of absolutely NO cheats and see what happens.

Another thing is you aren't eating very many veggies.....usually only once per day according to your journal. Try eating veggies AT LEAST twice a day. Plus, with all the working out you are doing(plus the fact you are almost to goal), you might try raising your carbs to around 40 per day and see where that gets you.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 19:11

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

Hi Bugspit,
Don't give in, just get tough! I know it isn't easy, but considering some of the food choices your journal listed, I would be very proud to have not gained It is great that you are getting so much exercise in. I would suggest increasing your veggies and drink water and more water. If given time you will lose the weight, especially chasing after 2 kids! I have an 8 yr old boy and he is a big help in me sticking to plan. When I start to eat something I shouldn't, I stop and ask if that pizza, cake, or whatever is more important than being healthy and small enough to take him on rides at the amusement park. No contest. You CAN do it. Take care and my fingers are crossed for you to see the numbers getting smaller on the scale.
Marie
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 19:13
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

OMG tsk tsk I did not even check to see how you were eating because I assumed you were sticking to things!!!!

Get a picture of that six pack and those pecs in your head and don't stop until you see them in the mirror!!

take care,
Meg
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 19:15

Stats: 166/160/143 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 26%

It's true, an official stall is 4 weeks or more.

as others have said, there is a lot in yuor diet that can be worked on to help you.

But also, it is normal for your weight to "stall" every now and then.

Are you measuring your inches?
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 19:32

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Are you losing inches? If you are then you have not stalled. When it comes to losing weight, I was at a stand still for months. But all in all I lost 26 lbs last year.It took years for me to put this weight on. I swear it happened with my eyes closed. If I close my eyes now maybe I will lose the last 12 lbs.

Since Novemeber I have gained 2 to 3 lbs but I have lost 4 1/2 inches.

Black57