Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 13:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 246/240/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default hard to get back on diet

It's hard to get re-motivated once your'e off this diet for a while. Iv'e been trying for a few weeks to phyc myself to get back on the wagon. Today I am really making an effort to start induction again and keep on track. So far so good. Ive had deli turkey with cheese wrapped in lettuce and i also had a little cup of tuna salad. drinking lots of fluids and trying to keep focused. I felt so good when I was really serious about it for a few months and the weight really came off but i have a long way to go to goal so i need to think in the one day range and just do it. flutterbye
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 17:16

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 223/207/180 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%

You CAN do it, flutter!!! Just hang in there...after the first week, you won't even crave anymore...and remember how your hunger will be subdued.

Just hang in there for one week and you're on your way
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 17:25
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

...and don't consider it to be something you're "on" or "off". We all have bad days and times where we eat too much carby stuff, but the key to success is accepting that this is a life-long permanant change.

I hope you're not restricting your food while you're doing this... just lettuce/turkey/cheese wraps and a little bit of tuna salad probably isn't enough. Have a little more, you're allowed!

Good luck!

Last edited by Kristine : Mon, Feb-02-04 at 17:29.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 17:37
Registered Member

Plan: my plan
Stats: 138/134/125 Female 5t.4in
BF:
Progress: 31%

Oh my goodness, I can totally relate to what you are saying! I did so great on Atkins last spring, lasted over six weeks without going off and lost 25 pounds then I had a gall bladder attack and needed to have my gall bladder removed. I went lowfat again after that at my Dr.'s suggestion. Now I have come to the realization that low carb is the way for me, but I have tried unsuccessfully to stick to the Atkins program since January. I'll do good for a few days and then go off. SOOOOOO frustrating!!!! I feel like I wasted the whole month of January yo-yoing. Anyway today is a new day and I am determined to do it this time. It sounds like you may have gotten to this point too. I think it is wise to look at it one day at a time. I'm trying to focus on all the foods I can eat rather than the foods I can't. Good luck to you! We are all behind you!
'
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 18:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/178/165 Female 5"11
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi, I was doing the same thing 4 weeks ago. It took me forever to just get through a good day. That is all behind me now. Some advice that I got was take your daily 3 vitamins. Your on your way, stick with it, you can do it!. Once you get through the cravings it gets easier. I am just so amazed at how the cravings went away and my decreased appetite. It so nice to not have food on the brain.

Your in the right place, these people will help you through it, the good and the bad. I probably would have slipped again with out this forum.

Loads of luck, Gringo
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 19:41
Registered Member

Stats: 139/129/122 Female 62 inches
BF:!!!????
Progress: 59%

Just chalk up the wrongs and work on doing right. Don't fret over yesterday and work on making it good for today. You can do it... you have done it before and you know that you can do it again!!! Good luck!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 19:52

Stats: 203.5/163/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 52%

I was on this WOE back in the beginning of 2002, was very committed, was a member of this forum, but still fell off the wagon because of stress and moving to a new location. It took me this long to get back on it, to get my motivation again, all because I finally got on the scale and saw that I was 203 lbs on a 5'4", small bone frame, at 24 yrs old, with high BP and cholesterol, and felt like absolute crap. The point is that I DID get back to it, that I am committed again, that I do want to be healthy again. You really need to believe in yourself above everything else. This is for you, not anybody else. Believe that you can do it, commit yourself, and you will reach your goals.