Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 12:16

Plan: Atkins/Counting Calories
Stats: 173/165/145 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default So how good do we all feel!

I woke up this morning feeling GREAT!!! I was just curious is anybody else feels this way?

I haven't lost a lot on the scale since I have been lifting weights, but I can tell in the clothes that I'm wearing today that I am losing inches!

I have tried WW numerous times and lost a few lbs on it but I was always hungry. I would eat the bare minimum required throughout the week and splurge on the weekend which would cause me to either gain or stay the same. If my stomach was not growling I would not lose weight. I was constantly crabby due to low blood sugar. I avoided eating out EVER since I could not control myself from not ordering something I shouldn't have.

Now I love eating out, especially salad bars. Since I can load up on a great filling salad or have prime rib. I love that fact that restaurants are serving LC dishes, so that I don't have to be tempted with potatoes or rice on my plate.

I feel that I require less sleep than normal and I have extra energy. I hardly ever get headaches unless they are stress related and I rarely take my allergy medication anymore.

I used to wake up every Monday morning feeling bloated from all the bad eating that I had done. Now I wake up feeling great because I ate great, fulfilling foods and didn't gain any weight.

So, even if I don't lose every week, the fact that I didn't gain and I feel good is just as important to me.

Thanks for letting me share, and thanks to all of you here with all your wonderful ideas and recipes.

Wee
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 12:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275.0/220.0/185.0 Male 72.5 inches
BF:??%/25.7%/??%
Progress: 61%

I just finished working out for 30 minutes on a Cybex Arc-Trainer (an awesome cardio machine) on an incline level of 7 and a resistance level of 40, altogether 700 calories burned. And I still feel mentally sharp and an overall physical feeling of goodwill. Before Atkins, I'd do 30 mins. on a treadmill, and be exhausted (and not as sweaty) afterwards.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 12:47

Plan: Intermittent fast/Lowcarb
Stats: 251/199/180 Male 5 ft 10 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

I feel pretty figgin' good!

Part of it is physical, going for long strenuous walks/runs each morning. I like being able to go up stairs and not get hideously winded.

Part of it is mental, because now I've taken charge of the direction my health, fitness, and happiness are going.

Although the physical and mental aspects are somewhat tied together, it's definitely the feeling of empowerment that is more enjoyable than the physical feeling of weight loss.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 19:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 139/129/122 Female 62 inches
BF:!!!????
Progress: 59%
Smile

I'm in my second week of induction and not feeling as energetic as you, but I know that this tired feeling will soon pass. Glad to see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It's encouraging to read all the good things that people are saying in these forums. So optomistic!!! I will do that too once I can get me some more carbs!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 20:27

Plan: general LC
Stats: 195/142/148 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 113%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeOne
I feel that I require less sleep than normal and I have extra energy. I hardly ever get headaches unless they are stress related and I rarely take my allergy medication anymore.

I have noticed this too. I need less sleep and have more energy. And my sleep is good. I wish my allergies were better, but they're the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeOne
So, even if I don't lose every week, the fact that I didn't gain and I feel good is just as important to me.

I feel the same way. I'm not losing. I stalled for 9 months and then lost some weight and it looks like I'm stalling again. But I'm sticking with this WOE because I feel better and I know it can only be helping my high insulin levels. I'll find out in about 2 months when I get it retested :-) Sure hope it's good.

As for the weight, I guess it will come off if and when it comes off.

Squid
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 22:07

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I've been a high carber for about 15 years. I have been eating right ( lc ) for a little over a year. Since I know how both diets feel, I can tell you now, that I feel better than what those high carber, low fat people feel.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 22:17
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 203/203/168 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default feel good

Have lost 9lbs ~ day 8.

Feel good, results are great, have more energy, forum motivation is excellent.

Just tend to get nervous about getting through the 'sticking/stall' points, scales showed no change today, but I know we can weigh too much, is weekly average that counts, I guess...