Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 13:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/183/145 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Low Carb Foods I've Found!!!

Hi All:
I know some of these foods have been mentioned (it's been awhile since I've been back to this forum and I've been off Atkins for about 2 months for a pregnancy).

Ok, here goes:

ICE CREAM:

CarbSmart - their chocolate is delicious (made by Breyer's). Has anyone tried the vanilla or strawberry yet? What do you think of those? Only 4 carbs.

Blue Bunny Sugar Free - these ice creams are more fun than carbsmart but the carbs are higher - like 12 carbs per serving but it's nice for a treat as they taste exactly like their regular versions.

BREADS:

Basha's Food Store: Just picked up their Rye and Wheat reduced carb bread for $2.50 a loaf. These are made fresh in their bakery section and have 6.5 carbs per slice - really very good and they don't have almond flour in them (it turns out I have a food allergy to almonds).

Western Bagel. 2 THUMBS DOWN!!! The Alternative Reduced carb bagels: These are a sick farse. They are about 18 grams of carbs per each TINY 2 oz bagel after you take out the fiber. They "may" be reduced but not worth the high carbs. They fool you by having a sunburst in black on the front that says 5 (I didn't look at it closely and took that to mean they had 5 carbs per bagel or serving). If you look REALLY close it say 5 pack (pack is in TINY print underneath the number 5). I currently get a REAL low carb bagel up in Las Vegas that has only 1.5 carbs per bagel and it is about a 4 oz bagel (a real sized bagel).

Hope that helps others of you out there watching out for food items.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 13:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/249/165 Female 71"
BF:fat, what fat? LOL
Progress: 37%
Default low carb finds

Hey Here's my finds that are good

-All three flavors of Breyers ice cream are good...even the strawberry.
-Hood Carb Countdown Milks are good...especially the chocolate ...it's like a milk shake...the regular milks are more fluid (about 2.25 a half gallon at super wal-mart, which is totally worth it!!!).
-Atkins blueberry bounty is good but pricey (5 dollars a box at super wal-mart)
-All of the russell stover candies, but espcially the toffee squares (hard to find).

I haven't found a good bread yet, please reply if there is one that tastes just like regular white bread!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 14:14
"Princess" of Norway

Plan: Atkins / Lindberg
Stats: 187/169/143 Female 162 cm
BF:Yes
Progress: 41%
Default Hi Jeannie !!

Tried to PM you, your storage space is full !!! Just wanted to let you know ! Since this is your thread I'll post my reply here instead, since it's almost related !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Sch
Have you check on Ebay to see if sellers will ship them outside the US and Canada to you in Norway?

If not, let me know and I can help you get whatever you need (as long as it isn't illegal for me to send them as an individual to another individual in Norway)

Hi Jeannie !! What a nice person you are !!! I've checked with the major Low Carb suppliers, they do not ship to Norway due to import restrictions. Shipping is very expensive. I have to apply for an import licence at the medicin depot and that takes months. And also seldom granted for privates. They check all foods/meds at customs and it's not worth it taking a chance. The only way to bring it in is to take it in person. I don't need it so bad ... it WILL be A tiny bit expensive with the airfare. BUT, if we decide to go to US this coming summer, I will stock up on lots of stuff !!

But thanks for offering - I'm amazed at your kindness !!