Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 11:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/210/185
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Fruit and nuts

Since I have been on Atkins for almost a year now I was concerned over not getting enough fruit and fiber in my diet. Now I am eating some seedless grapes every day and some nuts ( unsalted ) mostly those in a shell. This trade off may be the reason why I am no longer loosing weight.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 12:05
Registered Member

Plan: ongoing baby
Stats: 325/203/180 Male 6'0"
BF:17%
Progress: 84%

Jebsr,
I had a similar response when I began to eat nuts. I was keeping my carbs to about 20 a day, and then when I added nuts (almonds, peanuts) and also eating the low carb tortillas I slowed down considerably and did not lose a pound for about 3 weeks. Then I started taking supplements for my fiber, and went back to strict induction and instantly began to lose weight again. I would suggest trying to find some kind of supplement for fiber and trying without food for a little and see what happens.

Alex