Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-07, 08:24
Registered Member

Plan: Induction/Keto
Stats: 358/348/240 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Had to start over....

Ok, so I had to start all over because, I cheated, like a moron, but since I started over, a few things have been different this time, some better, some worst. Well, first of all, I have lost 10 pounds, since restarting the 4th. My energy is getting up there and I feel alot better. But, today I didnt lose a pound. And usually, when I do atkins, or atleast start, and then cheat, I have the runs the first day and get cleaned out pretty good, but not this time. Ive went, and I dont feel constipated, but yet I kinda do, because Im usually flushed out...I have been using about 3 splenda packs a day. The other day I used about 6 thinking that I could use them up to my 20 daily carb limit, but I see that is wrong now. I eat my veggies also. Im excercising pretty hard too.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-07, 08:28
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

It's good that you're learning these lessons early on! Starting over is not a bad thing. It just means you're learning how to take better care of yourself. And PLEASE don't expect to lose weight every single day. I know that many people do, especially men, but just don't set yourself up for failure with unrealistic expectations. Even if you do lose every day, it's only temporary. This is a journey. All the best!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-07, 08:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 136/125/115 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 52%
Unhappy Me too

I had to start over too. This year the holidays were extremely stressful for me with both my elderly parents sick, and my computer blowing its power supply (I'm typing on my husband's 'puter; mine won't be fixed until after the 20th). My mom, who was used to at least helping a little with the "Sviati Vecher" (Ukrainian Christmas Eve dinner) couldn't at all, and she was very mean to my husband and me for days before the event because she hurt too much to be able to do anything. Even though I knew it was the frustration of feeling "useless" because of pain talking, it still hurt me, so I ate both off plan and over-indulged in on-plan treats (lots of maltitol chocolate, damn the gas).
I had gone up to 3 lbs over my maximum weight for my size (med-boned, 5' tall=123 lbs) in just over a week from 117 1/2 lb. I'm still 1 lb over my "danger Will Robinson" weight, and I had been so close to goal before the holidays started. I haven't keep up with my weight chart on "My PLAN" or posted anything, though I borrowed my husband's computer to keep up with the post (even though I don't put my 2 cents in very often).
Now that the main part of the holiday season is over for me, I'll have a better time of it, I think (and hope), espcially since my husband is making chilli tonight . Good luck to everyone on their journey.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-07, 11:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/159/186 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 127%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenone
Ok, so I had to start all over because, I cheated, like a moron, but since I started over, a few things have been different this time, some better, some worst. Well, first of all, I have lost 10 pounds, since restarting the 4th. My energy is getting up there and I feel alot better. But, today I didnt lose a pound. And usually, when I do atkins, or atleast start, and then cheat, I have the runs the first day and get cleaned out pretty good, but not this time. Ive went, and I dont feel constipated, but yet I kinda do, because Im usually flushed out...I have been using about 3 splenda packs a day. The other day I used about 6 thinking that I could use them up to my 20 daily carb limit, but I see that is wrong now. I eat my veggies also. Im excercising pretty hard too.

There have been weeks when I didn't lose, I've even gained. But I didn't let that stop me, even though I have to admit I was a little discouraged at times. One thing is a "given"... if you keep on track, do NOT cheat, just stick with the program... you will lose.

My 2nd week on Atkins I only lost 1 pound. I thought I would lose at least 3, or more but just 1 pound. I did so good too. I just kept on, drinking my water, exercising and following the plan. It's been a little over 8 months now and 95 pounds are gone. Don't give up, no matter what
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-07, 12:21

Plan: Dukan & Running
Stats: 195.2/155.4/155 Female 5'9.5"
BF:Jigglin'/less/firm
Progress: 99%

If you feel like "cleaning out", try having 4 bite-sized SF Peppermint Patties. I did that yesterday, *yikes* I forgot about the laxative side effect of that....I actually do not advise eating that UNLESS you just feel jammed up, if you get my drift.