Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 07:38

Plan: General
Stats: 200/200/170 Male 74
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default After the challenge....

Hey all you Body for Lifers!,

Read the book a few weeks ago, gonna start up at the beginning of the year (yup, I am being a slacker for the holidays). Been lurking this board from time to time, and you guys have been an incredible source of information.

My question is....what do you do after the challenge? I realize one could move on to additional challenges, but is it possible to get the results you want in the mere 3 months and just go into a maintain mode? Or must one continue on to further and further challenges? Or is it that you feel so good you push yourselves further? Insight please
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 08:42
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

That's something that's completely up to you.

Any results you get would require some work to maintain. If you are happy with the results after 1 challange, then stop there. Many find it's not just the results, they love the way they feel after the workouts, so after a small rest they continue on. Maybe not exactly taking another challange, just continueing with the rutine.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 13:20

Plan: 40/35/25
Stats: 160/160/155 Female 5'10
BF:25/23/18
Progress: 0%

Hi Yellowman,
I agree with LadyBelle. I personally have done 2 full challenges, then took time out for training for a marathon, and am now onto my 3rd challenge. It has become a lifestyle for me and I love doing weights. It all depends on what your goals are-- just to lose weight and tone up and then maintain, or to continue incorporating it so it is part of your regular lifestyle. BFL is an excellent program, and I hope you do take the before pics because they speak a million words.. its so great to see the before and afters to see how much progress you have actually made (and the beauty of it is, you will probably WANT to show off the pics after since you will be so happy with the transformation!!).

good luck and have a great xmas holiday!
j
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 14:13

Plan: BFL
Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%
Progress: 5%

I agree. I started, wondering if I'd make it though the grueling workouts and now I can't imagine not doing them. Even my exercise-phobic husband now enjoys working out. You'll just have to try it and see what you want to do! Personally, I haven't met a single person who has completed a challenge and wanted to go back to their pre-BFL state of affairs.