Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 06:39

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%
Default Protein Power Pals- Saturday November 22

Good Morning!!!!
Sheesh, I'm starting this thread again?

Hoping for a more on-program today!!

Talk to you all later!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 07:18

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Shhhhhhhh! Orang's still sleeping.

Morning! Rob, you're getting very good at starting the thread.

I think I might have to tell DH about the Bowflex. After receiving it (probably later this week), I have 10 days to notify the seller of any missing pieces or damage. The only way I'm going to know if everything is there is if I open the box and assemble the thing. I'm sure the people at work wouldn't mind my setting it up and leaving it there for a month, but it doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

So, I guess I'm off to find DH (he's down cellar replacing the floor) and tell him about his early Christmas present. Darn. I really wanted to surprise him. Now there won't be anything under the tree.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 07:45

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

G'morning all!!

Orang......best wishes for a speedy recovery

Well, my weight has stayed the same for 2 weeks now. I guess that is normal after the first whoosh? I know I am still trying to figure this all out

Bawdy.....could you get a friend perhaps to help you with the bowflex? Good luck with it!

Have a good day all!!

Robin
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 08:39

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Orang, best wishes for a speedy recovery and I am so happy you came through the surgery so well. Your SIL sounds like a nice chap, please thank him for jumping on the board to let us know how you are doing.

After reading through Wendy's posts and some LFL material, I am thinking the best time to start this would be after Thanksgiving. It's crazy to try and go on a diet now. However, I will be making turkey,low carb cranberry relish, yams cut with pumpkin, etc to enjoy the holiday without going overboard. I decided to forgo baked desserts and have some Pierre ice cream made with Splenda because it is lower fat than the Carb Smart. (So that's the game plan and then I will look at tweaking WOEs around then.Still not sure about LFL only because I am afraid of feeling deprived or hungry and then pigging out on something. ).Anyway, I will worry about that next Friday.

Bawdy, not having a holiday policy might be the tradeoff of getting the Bowflex through a reseller. Hey, if you guys use it now, you might be able to enjoy Thanksgiving food a little more!

Two days in a row Rob? Geez, someone would think you're a regular here
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 08:39

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Good morning all, Rob's on a roll, (and NO I did not mean the cinn. kind!)
Orang, hope you rested well, take it easy to day, NO PHOTOISLAND STUFF! HA Glad that the procedure went well!

BW, Yes it is impairative that you get it all set up, we have had good luck with ebay, but something like that (with so many pieces to it) needs to be put together and make sure that you try everything on it! Your dh will love it, My dh has mentioned it , you will have to let me know what you think of it! OH and btw, NO present under the tree? Put a bow on you and let him discover the bawdy wench under it!HA HE wouldn't be disapointed with you as a gift!HA (just my humble suggestion!)

Robin, just be patient, you did just get a woosh, make sure that you are still drinking all of your water!

Well I need to get going for now, we are going to get hit with storm #2 this afternoon! Our area was not hit hard at all yesterday, but our family in Rapid was snowed in and everything was shut down!

Have a Good one!

Hi Elaine!!!!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 08:41

BF:

Hi, Robin. Don't sweat a plateau. There's a big difference between a stall and a plateau, in my mind anyway. I've found that my body "likes" being at certain weights, both when gaining weight and losing weight. It takes a lot to make it budge either up or down.

I'm sure I told you this, but when I first started Induction, I lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks, and then nothing for about 8 weeks. But, a pair of slacks that didn't fit in the beginning fit perfectly at the end of those 8 weeks. By eating more protein, you're feeding your muscle, and are probably gaining a little muscle weight. At the same time, your cells are giving up their stored fat, but unfortunately replacing it with water for a while. This is how you can lose inches without losing pounds. When your body finally gives up that water in the cells, that's when you have your "whoosh."

------

I just told DH about the bowflex. He was really excited and wanted to know all the details. He was especially thrilled when I told him how much I saved. Then he said, "Gee, do they have Delta tools on eBay?" Uh-oh. I may have created a monster here!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 09:01

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Here's a pic of me and nurse Rachet II - Nurse Risha - who is on duty today.

I can move around a lot better than I expected though it hurts like the dickens. The surgery was done with two laproscopes so I don't have huge incisions and they cauterized the wounds inside mostly so I don't have a ton of stitches, staples or whatever they use inside.

Wendy - glad all is well with the new friend. Glad life is so good for you!

Kristine
Chili - could you freeze a bit for me? I have a feeling it won't go through my NG tube.

You asked if I was home - yes. I have had serious medical problems for years and have one bedroom that has a hospital bed and a lot of equipment most households don't have. The docs know this and are willing to let me recoup at home with round the clock RN's when it is safe for me to do so (and my insurance company really loves it - saves them a bunch of money) I'm only about 10 minutes from the hospital and there is an ambulance dispatch 2 blocks from my home. In this case, I have a halter monitor that is beamming my info to a monitoring station at the hospital.

Bawdy - great news re the bowflex - and your slacks.

Ellie - I got tired reading about your busy day.

Lisette - the news said you got a foot of snow

Rob
Thanks for the well wishes and hugs. The nutritionist had me fed something nasty yesterday - I could feel the insulin spikes

I'm on EAS whey protein with extra water and some oil today - also some TPN type electrolyte stuff the endo ordered.

Hi to Marnie, Robin, and everyone else - Nurse Rachet says it is bedtime again...
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 09:26

BF:

Orang, did you change your hair or something? Anyway, you look wonderful!

Nursie knows what's best for you, so go rest. I'm so relieved that you're ok. Last night as DH and I were watching TV, I had to excuse myself every so often "to check on Orang."

As for the bowflex, I wrote to the seller to ask him to have it delivered to my home since I only had 10 days to inspect it. Then I went down to tell DH. When I came back upstairs and checked email again, there was one from the seller offering to extend (in writing) the 10-day inspection period until after Christmas so as not to spoil the suprise! Unfortunately, it was too late. But how nice of him to offer! I must say that so far my first venture into the land of eBay has been quite positive.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 15:34

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orang
The nutritionist had me fed something nasty yesterday - I could feel the insulin spikes

I'm on EAS whey protein with extra water and some oil today - also some TPN type electrolyte stuff the endo ordered.

Orang- can see that happening, any liquid carbage supplement will probably do that , they are NOT complex carbage. You might try breaking up the days allotment into small "helpings", dilute the heck outta them & consume sloooowly.
and DON'T get nurse Rachet TOO angry, she might have occasion to give you an IM med in the future...get the"point"??LOL