Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 17:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%
Default Carl's Jr. manager deserves pat on the back!

I was meeting my hubby today for lunch, and arrived at Carl's Jr. before he did. I went up to the counter and one of my favorite little workers started to take my order. Just about then the manager stepped up and said, 'I'll take care of this.' He looked at me and said, 'We have something new for you today--we call them Protein Wraps!' He said, 'You and your family come in here all the time and you order burgers with no bread, and I'm noticing you're losing weight! I called the head office to see what we can do about people who don't want bread on their sandwiches, and they suggested the Protein Wraps, and I have them in the computer and everything! So whenever you come in, order your sandwich Protein Wrapped.' A 'Protein Wrap' is the regular burger, with everything on it it comes with (so if it has ketchup you'll need to order it without), but is wrapped in lettuce. And it's a whole lot easier to eat than doing the fork thing!

This Carl's Jr. is in Nampa, Idaho, right near ShopKo, so if anyone is from that area, make sure you drop in and let them know how much you appreciate having our LC needs catered to. I told him I was going to tell everyone on this forum about it and his eyes lit up like a kid in a candy shop! He's also thinking about going LC himself because he needs to drop several pounds. The other day when we were in there, DH ordered the chili burger with no bread. The manager thought it looked so good he had to try it, too and loved it!

I couldn't help but notice when I left the restaurant, that another person was at the counter ordering her sandwich with no bread.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 18:22

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Ugh, there is a Carl's Jr. just around the corner from me. I am gonna nag them about getting the protein wraps. I have been very careful with going to fast food places. I have been to Micky Ds once since lcing. The only FF place that I go to is In and Out Burger.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 18:27
Alan Rickman Addict

Stats: 220/139/155 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 125%

WOW!! That's great (And close!!!!) Thanks for letting us know!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 18:47

Plan: Vegetarian Low GI
Stats: 188/179.8/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 13%

A friend told me that In-n-Out Burger also has burgers where you can order them wrapped in lettuce instead of the bun. Hopefully other fast food places will catch on to this...

Tam
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 22:42

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

In-n-Out's lettuce wrapped burger, is referred to as the protein burger.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 23:47

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

I'm hoping more catch on, too. A few weeks ago I was at Burger King and they wouldn't even give me a burger with no bun! If I go in there again I'm going to say, 'Hey, whatever happened to having it my way?'

Seito Kaba, if you go to Carl's in Boise, check and see if they'll do that for you, too. Ever once in a while I happen to go into the one up by the mall--it'd sure be nice to have that option!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 23:57
Registered Member

Stats: 135/107/107 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 100%

I've been to three different Wendy's in the past few months and have ordered the Junior Cheeseburger Deluxe with no bun. Out of umpteen times ordering that way, only once did I have to explain what I wanted. All the other times they nicely sandwiched the burger and fixings between crisp lettuce leaves and served it in one of the small salad containers.