Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 10:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/270/185 Male 6'
BF:
Progress:
Default New to Atkins, on day 5

Hi, I'm Steve from Louisville, KY. Over the past several months, I've found out that I have HBP. It runs in my family but after speaking with my doctor, it probably has alot to do with my weight. I currently weigh in at 270 lbs on a 6' frame.

I have multiple reasons for wanting to lose weight. Number 1 is that in just 6 weeks, I will be a first time father. I want to be around for a long time to enjoy the new addition to my life!!

Also, I was always rather thin in High School, then at around 20 yrs. old, I started gaining weight. I sing in a local rock band here, and I always feel pretty self concious about my weight when performing on stage.

All of this, not to mention, I have could stand to cut down a bit on all of my cholestyrol levels.

I really hope this plan works, I'm still reading Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution. I also have two friends at work that are on the program. I've been good so far!

My only problem thus far is cramps. I began to experience them yesterday morning. Sometimes they're pretty intense in my left abdominal region. I have drank plenty of water over the last 5 days, in addition to my diet which has consisted pretty strictly of grilled chicken, pork spare ribs(no bbq), cheeseburgers(no buns) and lots of green veggies (spinnach, collard greens, green beans, and salads). Is this something that I should be worried about?

I just started walking Monday, I'm trying to fit in at least 30 mins of cardio a day, 5 days a week.

I always had a problem with multi-vitamins before, they usually made me naucious within 15 minutes of ingestion. I think that may have been due to taking them on an empty stomach, so I'm picking up some today and will try taking one after breakfast each morning.

I wanted to join this forum because I want this to work, I want to make this a life plan, not "another diet".

See ya around!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 10:15
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Welcome to the gang. Congrats on the new baby.

Hang in there you can do it. Lots of veterans here that can help you better than I since I'm new at this too. But so far I'm 7 days into Induction and loving it. I always take my multi-vitamins with a meal. It helps to keep the nausea away.

Keep it up don't give up.

"Fall 98 times get up 99!"

Lily