Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 21:01

Plan: have not started
Stats: 160/160/130 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy Weight Loss

My daughter is 15 years of age and approximately 30 lbs over weight...I am requesting any input or suggestions that might help her reach her goal...

Thank you
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 21:57
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Since she is a growing teen she needs a ton of mutrients and calcium. Try reading through Atkins fo rlife and starting her on just reducing to 60g of carbs a day. Make sure she gets tons of veggies (hide them in recipes if needed) Low GI fruits, and some dairy for calcium. Keifer and yogurt can be great moderate carb calcium sources.

I would also check out the parenting forum on this board as there are many parents who are doing LC, some with the kids and some without.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 22:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/201/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 32%

My 16 year old daughter lost quite a bit of weight doing Atkins. She lost from 171 to 145 this summer. She is off the program druing the wrestling season (That is her sport) She needs to remain at her weight class for the season. She wieghed 191 before she started wrestling so having a sport was a real help. I make sure she gets plenty of cheese, sardines etc. for calcuim, and takes a vitamin daily. She is very healthy.