Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 06:19

Plan: Atkins/M&E/HCG
Stats: 233/186/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 64%
Thumbs up It finally happened, stall is broken.

I'm officially over my stall. Last Tue I weighed 205 (of course 2 of those pounds I had lost and regained for the past month and a half) Today I'm down to 200.8. YEAH

What did I change you ask? I had to cut out my cheese. Oh that wonderful cheese how I miss it. But what is that saying, nothing tastes as good as thin feels? I just can't comare the two. Cheese had to go. I really didn't change much else, just quit putting cheese on all my veggies, my salad, eggs. One week later, I actually lost and have kept it off.

Deana
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 06:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 184/184/129 Female 5'4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Congratulations to you!!
I could not imagine doing without cheese, but maybe I should follow your example and do the same.
I feel like cheese is one the only 'legal things I like and I can snack on.

Good Luck to you,

Mary
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 06:47

Stats: 400/333/250 Male 5'9
BF:49.5
Progress: 45%

Congrats!!!! Stinks to loose the cheese though
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 07:31

BF:

It especially stinks to loose the cheese because I still have SO much weight to loose. I figured it would happen some time but 60 pounds to go. DANG. LOL I will allow myself cheese once a week and see how that goes. Maybe I was just eating way too much.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 07:32
~version 2.0~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

Congratulations... you have more will power than I do... I don't think i could give up cheese... it is one of the things that make this WOL easier for me...

I lose slow...but i do lose... so for now the cheese stays...

Keep up the great work!!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 08:41
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Congrats!!

It must be "stall breaking week", sine I've been stalled for MONTHS, and have finally brokenthrough. Among other things, I had to give up my beloved artificial sweeteners...and I did miss them, but now it's not bad. I can even drink my tea plain..never thought THAT would happen!!!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 08:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Isn't it amazing how many foods we used to think we "could never give up" and yet we have? Bread, potatoes, pasta, starchy snack foods, rice, sugar and so many more.

There is a theory that the very things that seem to be our "favourite foods" may be foods we are actually allergic to, or intolerant of. And that those ARE the things we should try to cut out, at least for a while.

Glad your stalls are giving in.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 08:54

Stats: 231/191/150 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress: 49%

Congrats to both Deana and Potatofree on breaking that nasty stall. I too was eating a lot of cheeses but cut them out and went back to basics. I do have the o'solo rolls each day, either as french toast or with a hamburger and they have not slowed me down one bit. I miss the bread the most so the o'solo rolls really do the trick for me.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 09:18

BF:

Tofi,
Your right. When I started Atkins I though "I can do this" No more eating that nasty low fat cheese. See cheese is what convinced me I could do low carb. Its allowed. During my stall I even thought It could be the cheese but there is not way I can give it up. However the more I thought about it the more I did realize. Why would I throw all this away over one food choice. I've given up donuts and that was the hardest thing. I ate one for breakfast every day. Never thought I could give them up. But I actually pass them up now. So why in the world would I allow one food choice, even if it is cheese to stop me from being the best person I can be. It is true, the one thing I love the most is what had to go. That's not to say I wont ever eat it, I will eat some. But seeing that scale go down was so much more pleasant than crying everytime I got on it and it was up. That feeling of defeat is so not worth, not eating cheese.
Becareful what you say you won't give up. It happened to me. The long journey is in no way worth giving up for just one food. Remember that. No way will I go dig my FAT clothes out of the garbage just for what, cheese?

Deana
Thanks to all of you for the support and encouragement over these past few months.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 09:45

Plan: atkins-modified
Stats: 228/185/154 Female 172cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

I jsut wanted to say how brilliant I thought your post was.

Would anyone really choose cheese (or whatever) if it meant having to wear those clothes again? I can imagine looking at a block of cheese and a hideous shapeless pair of trousers..... How long would anyone ponder before chucking out both of them?
It is the 'stick theory' of life. Have you heard of it? If you pick up one end of a stick, you pick up the other.

I don't eat meat, so cheese is what I eat but I think I must rethink my menus too. And you have given me the right attitude. Thanks.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 09:59

Plan: Atkins Nutritionals
Stats: 226/204/150 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Wow, that's great,

congrats!

I think tomorrow I'll "lose the cheese" and see if it works for me! I also would love to drop another 60 lbs.

GL To you!

P.S. - What cheeses were you eating? I"m having all kinds, american, parmesan, mozzeralla, etc.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 10:05

BF:

I ate a lot of cream cheese on the Atkins muffins, celery, and on meat. The other was shreaded cheddar on salads, all my veggies and sometimes just plain as a snack.

Deana
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 10:08

Plan: Atkins Nutritionals
Stats: 226/204/150 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Deana

It's going to be tough giving up cheese, I ate alot of it before lcing!

We can do it!!!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 15:57

Plan: kISS/Curves
Stats: 319/263/165 Female 67"
BF:49.5
Progress: 36%

I started doing KISS this past Monday and am having some real breakthroughs. Because my weight was up and down, I haven't officially broken my stall, but I lost about 8 pounds since Monday (water, no doubt) and I think a lot of it has to do with no dairy. I love cheese. I used to eat it as a snack and sometimes for lunch with salami. With KISS you eat no dairy, no processed meats, no sweeteners, just simple foods. My cravings are enormous--but not bad enough to give up losing this weight.

Congratulations on breaking your stall. I hope to do the same in a few days. I'll let you know.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 16:04

Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

When it comes to cheese, its all about moderation for me. Ill melt some on my hamburger, or make a pizza every once in a while, thats it though. I think as long as you dont over do it, its not too harmful.