Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 20:46

Plan: low carb
Stats: 203.7/161.6/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default First time to post.

Hi everyone! I am not really new to this forum, as I've been reading off and on for a while now. I have been doing LC, either PP or Atkins for about 5 years! I can go on it; but, STAYING on it is another matter! About a year ago, I was up to my highest weight every, which was 160. Thru dieting LF with my husband, I lost 10 pounds. But, I don't feel well with any way of eating except LC. So, I got back on LC a couple of times and slowly my weight is creeping back up but, so is my cholestoral. I promised my doctor that I would get back on it and stay put, I also have high blood pressure. So, I need to stick with this more as a way of life and for my health!

I belong to other forums for support and it just now occured to me that I need support to continue to feel better physically!! Duh!!!!! I quit smoking a little over 5 weeks ago and I feel like I could eat the refridgerator!! Not a good sign, is it??? I spent the day making LC foods......deviled eggs, boiled eggs, a breakfast casserole and a ground beef/cheese thingy, tuna fish ,chicken ,roast beef and salad fixings! I've stocked up on all low carb things. If I can just get control of these "sugar" cravings........my hubster is a BIG sweet eater......I didn't used to be......but, guess it caught up with me!

So.......I'll be here daily, seeing what I can do to get this right and also to give a hand when I can!

Shari ~
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 09:40
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Shari.

Congratulations on quitting smoking!

It sounds like you're an old pro at LCing, and you need to do some problem solving to figure out exactly how to stay on course. Maybe you'll need to negotiate with the hubster a bit about the junk food in the house. Perhaps he can have his secret stash somewhere, where you can't get to it, or maybe he'll agree to keep it out of the house and only have it when he's at work. The little things like that make a *huge* difference when it comes to staying on track. "Out of sight, out of mind."

Best of luck! Keep us posted!

Last edited by Kristine : Mon, Oct-20-03 at 09:42.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 11:01

Plan: low carb
Stats: 203.7/161.6/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Thanks, Kristine! I'll talk to hubster and see what we can agree on! He is a pretty easy going kinda guy, so maybe it just never occured to him that seeing/buying all that junk isn't a good thing for me?!

See ya!

Shari
Day 1, back on track!!

Last edited by texasshari : Mon, Oct-20-03 at 11:03.