Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 14:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/165/130 Female 159 cm
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default giving in on evening cravings ?

Hi everyone,
As I have told you Ive been stalled for months now.
Upping exercices and water didn't help.
I eat dinner between 6 and 7.30 PM is that to late? Can eating to late causes these stalls ? Around 10 PM I mostly get huge cravings. So I end up eating a flax muffin with some cream cheese or some pieces of meat, nuts, whipped cream or someting else. What can I do to stop these cravings ?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 16:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins /my own
Stats: 164/164.0/120 Female 62.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

I save my diet soda for the evening and sip it before I go to bed. I think the bubbles fill me up, and the sweetness helps with the cravings
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 16:47

Stats: 214.9/187/150 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 43%

I sometimes just go to bed.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 17:31

Stats: 311/216/185 Male 5" 9'
BF:
Progress: 75%

Remember your basics. When your hungry eat. Don't go hungry.
When ever I get hungry I'll first drink 2 glasses of water in case I'm really just thirsty. But if that doesn't work. I go for snack food. 2 oz slice of Cheddar Cheese, piece of chicken..whatever. I never worry about what time it is either. I just listen to my body. If it wants food, I give to him.
I also make sure I eat something every 3 hours. Meal>snack>Meal>snack>Meal and if I'm up late another snack. Eating this way though I really never get very hungry.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 20:36
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Without knowing what you're eating, I can only tell you what helped me.

After reading the CarbAddicts Healthy Heart program, and their opinions about how artificial sweeteners can cause insulin problems, I decided to cut them out for the most part. I only have anything with sweeteners WITH my meals, not in between.

Within the first two days I no longer had nighttime cravings! I still can't believe it. No more 10pm struggle not to eat everything in the pantry!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 23:19
Registered Member

Stats: 315/215/200 Male 5ft. 10in.
BF:
Progress: 87%

Stalled for months? I was stalled most of the summer, finally a few weeks ago i gave in and ate some birthday cake. The cake had so much sugar and i hadn't had any in such a long time I got rather sick. Anyway im not saying to try this but 2 days later I weighed and to my amazement I had broken the stall.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 00:09

Stats: 180/140/130 Female 5'7
BF:22.7%(about)
Progress: 80%

Yeah to be honest I broke a stall by having a milkshake, the next day I had dropped 2.5 pounds? I dont know if it was the cheat but it seems to be the trend! That does not mean go out and cheat!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 16:42

Stats: 185/170.5/145 Female 63in
BF:39%/34.7%/24%
Progress: 36%

well, *I* broke a stall last night by not eating most of the day, and then eating an entire roast chicken by myself for dinner (i worked my you-know-what off yesterday, and didn't want to stop to eat till i was done with the physical labor, b'cause i knew if i did i wouldn't finish it. sometimes this donkey needs a carrot... ) ! dropped two pounds! hehe... never tried the cheat method, i'd be scared i couldn't come back afterwards... plus if i remind myself how GOOOOOD starch tastes- i may be a little dissatisfied with my next fried egg w/o toast!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 16:57

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

my danger zone is between 4-6. cuz that's when i get home from work and as you know it takes time to make atkins meals. when starved, i have a horrible tendency to graze *sigh*