Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 19:30

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 244/231/174 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress:
Default Am I loosing too fast!

Hiya

I started Atkins diet on Wednesday 3rd September 2003. I have limited my carb intake to less than 5 grams aday and I walk three miles a day

I have thus so far lost 14 pounds

I also use the Ketostix and I am on the max end of the colour chart so I know all is well there

However I am real worried about the fact that I have lost so much weight in like 9 days

Should I stop or maybe up my carb intake???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 19:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/233/120 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Trust me... your rate of loss will slow down.

Also... you should be eating more than 5 carbs a day.... between 15-20 would be far better for now.... you could not be getting enough veggies in with only 5 carbs a day.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 19:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

It's true you may drop a large amount of weight in the beginning, many people do and it does slow down. However, only 5 carbs? Wow, that's not much! You should be eating your 2-3 cups of veggies each day (and honestly you probably could go a little over that amount without ill effect). It does not sound like you can do that with just 5 carbs. I also wonder if you are counting everything. Some cheeses say 0 carbbs on the label but they can be up to .9 carbs per ounce and it's not required to be on the label. You'll also find carbs in many of your fats like cream cheese, salad dressing, etc. Eggs have a small carb content as does coffee, etc.

A great idea would be to start a journal here and post what you are eating. You can also use Fitday.com to track your foods (it will calculate carbs, fat, protein calories, etc. for you). Then we will have a better idea of what you are eating and may be able to offer advise more specific to your situation.

Regardless, welcome and congratz on the loss!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 06:24

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

I think 5 gms a day would make you sick. You better up the carbs . Don't be in such a hurry.