Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 04:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305/260/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default Something that made me feel good...

I've been on this WOE for a few weeks now and I've been losing, but not really seeing anything myself. Everything in my closet stretches, so while I've noticed that the elastic doesn't dig in anymore, I really don't have any thing to gauge by because if clothes don't fit, I just throw them away.......or that's what I thought.

I realized last night that I gave my daughter a whole bunch of t-shirts that didn't fit me anymore to wear as big night-shirts (she always wants to wear mommy shirts, and not her own pj's). I looked at the shirts and thought, Hmmmm. So just out of curiosity I grabbed a t-shirt that I haven't worn in several months because I looked like Baby Huey.... and IT FITS! and it's actually a little loose! I'm so happy to see this because it means much more to me then being able to tighten my watch band by one notch!!!

What a great week so far! I finally got to start Curves - my mom and dad gave me their slightly used treadmill -- and now I can fit into shirts I haven't been able to fit into for months!

Thanks so much! I just had to share because I know you all will be able to understand my excitement!!

~Jaya
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 08:32

Plan: Atkns/CT Weight&Wellness
Stats: 335/272.5/170 Female 5 ft 3 inches
BF:54/51/35
Progress: 38%

Congrats and keep up the good work!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 10:31
Medival Princess

Plan: curves
Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

that is so great I have the same problem all my clothes are strechy so I couldn't tell how much I'd lost in my clothes, until i found this really cute blue velvet dress and well i tried it on.. its two dress sizes smaller then the smallest size I could wear and it fits loosely :P
but my clothes still fit so its not time to shop just yet I will wear the same clothes til they are almost falling off of me (or my mom is able to start wearing them then I'll use that as a exuse to clothes shop :P )

Crysania
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 17:00

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 285/245/180 Female 68
BF:OMG
Progress: 38%

Wow Jaya---

Isn't that a great feeling!! I like seeing clothes fit again more than the scale moving....well moving the scale in a downward direction feels pretty good....but wearing clothes that i grew out of feels WONDERFUL. And wearing my regular clothes more comfortably just feels plain old GOOD!!!

---Carichie
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 19:34

Stats: 253/240/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

WooHoo! Well done
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 01:25
Contributing Member

Stats: 420/335/175 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:Don't/go/there
Progress: 35%
Default Great Job!

Just wanted to send my for a job well done.

I know what you are feeling, I have been pulling out clothes that I have not worn in years, some of them brand new, just never fit right, to tight, now they fit great and starting to get a tad baggie.

Keep up the good work, you will be shopping for new stuff real soon.

Susan
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 06:35

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

same here!!! I wore a shirt yesterday that my mom got me on a vacation of hers last year--it has never fit... now it fits nicely! I will have a lot more shirts this winter!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 08:20

Stats: 238/185/150 Female 5 ft.5in.
BF:
Progress: 60%

WOW I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU HOPE YOU ARE VERY PROUD OF SUCH A GRET JOB: Keep it up and soon you will find a whole new you to buy clothes for
Way To Go!!!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 12:12

Stats: 240/184/140 Female 5ft 4 inches
BF:lost track
Progress: 56%

WHOOO HOOOO!!! It is great to see that you're reaping the rewards of all your hard work. Keep it us posted on any new discoveries. These are the things about this WOE that keep us inspired.
I just recently found a skirt set that my dad had bought for me 9 years ago. I had trouble wearing it because it wouldn't stay buttoned in the front and my "hoo hoo's" would pop out. Unfortunately, this is not a problem any longer. My upper shelf was the first to go...now if the lower shelf would disappear...

Well done on your losses so far. You are doing marvelous!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 13:25

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

Congratulations!!! That must make you feel absolutely wonderful!

I had a similar experience yesterday also, was trying to decide what to wear and I saw this tshirt of mine that never fit before; I tried it on and it fit!!!! Wohoo!

What an ego booster huh Gotta love those new fitting tshirts! I have also started to think about all the ones I can wear now too that I could not before...

Best wishes!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 04:58

Stats: 305/260/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Thanks so much everyone for sharing my good news with me!

It really is wonderful to see a comfirmation like that! I'm so glad that I could share that with all of you ~ I'm not sure that anyone here could really understand my excitement over something that might seem kind of trivial ~ because they're just a t-shirts and an x-large ones at that.

But I'm glad that you all understand and that several folks also are reaping the same rewards!! YAY to US!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 05:37

Plan: Atkins/W.W.
Stats: 401/299/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 44%

Congrats....It's such a great feeling and it keeps me motivated.