Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 22:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/372/130 Female 5' 7
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Too Many Calories?

I'M ON INDUCTION FOR ATKINS. I'VE LOST 14 LBS. IN ABOUT 2 WEEKS.WHAT I'M WONDERING IS THIS - WILL YOU STILL LOSE WEIGHT IF YOU CAN'T EXERCISE AND YOU EAT MORE THAN 2000 CALORIES A DAY? I'M FOLLOWING INDUCTION RULES EXACTLY. PLEASE HELP! THE SCALES HAVE STALLED THE PAST TWO DAYS.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 23:20

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Hey calm down, cpj... you've lost 14 pounds in 2 weeks! Can you even believe that? It is definitely working for you, no question about it. You cannot expect to lose weight every single day. Not to mention that fluctuations on the scale are perfectly normal.

A true stall is 4-6 weeks with no weight or inches lost. Two days is nuttin'. Keep doing what you're doing. Eat when you're hungry, try not to overendulge, and I promise you it will continue to work if you stick to the plan.

Congrats so far, keep it up!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 01:45

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Hi Cpj

You are doing real well. Congratulations girl.

Yes, you will lose weight on eating 2,000 calories a day. At your current weight you should not eat less than that, even if you live a pretty sedentary life. It is amazing how many calories your body needs just to maintain it, even if you do nothing.

Continued success. Your body may take a week or more rest now whilst it catches up with the weight lost so far. Just hang on in there.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 07:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/230/165 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 24%

WOW 14 LBS thats fantassssssssssstic !!

I know that I can not eat over 2,000 and lose. The only way I lose is if I'm 1,400 - 1,600 at the most. Everyone's metabolism is different, mine is incrediably slow.

Good luck and keep journaling on Fitday, its a life saver.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 09:10

Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

The reality is that your weight loss is going to keep slowing down. Exercise is a good way to keep it at a steady rate. But 14 lbs in two weeks, that is incredible! On atkins you can go even weeks without dropping a pound, so dont stress to much over it.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 09:52

Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:

In the beginning I wouldn't worry about calories at all. I never even thought about it until I was about 6 weeks into this and then I started using fitday. I was eating 2500-3000 and losing weight. Gradually I found myself eating less without even thinking about it. The last 3 months or so I've tried to eat between 10-12x by goal weight. But if I'm hungry I eat more. Its more important that you eat the right things, no cheating to keep the weight coming off.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 10:16

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi there CPJ......

You are doing GREAT so far!! One of the things that we need to accept is that this is not a diet or something that we are going to do until we get the weight off. It's the way we'll be eating for the rest of our lives if we want to be slim. There will be ups and downs along the way. Times where we have big losses and times where we lose nothing for a while, but the bottom line is that patience and persistance will pay off in the long run. Don't give up. Don't get frustrated. Just hang in there and keep at it. You can see already, it's working and it will continue to work at the rate that your body chooses for your safety and health.

Wishing you continued success.
Marlaine
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 21:48

Stats: 400/372/130 Female 5' 7
BF:

Thank you all for writing to encourage me. I had a terrible "work" day today - failed a test that would have meant a much better project - but finding these notes, written to me, really made my day better! I can truthfully say that this was the first time in years that I didn't turn to food immediately to mitigate the pain. That's one thing I love about Atkins, I feel full after I've eaten and don't want anything else. Took all your advice to heart and just ate by the rules. Another 2000 calorie day.