Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 12:10

Plan: Atkins (for now)
Stats: 272/261/205 Male 6' 2"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Induction - 10 pounds in 7 days, nothing in the last 3...?

Weird.

New guy here, have been on induction, no cheating , no bars, etc, but have "plateau'd" a bit. I lost 10 pounds in the first 7 days, and haven't lost a thing since (only 3 days, I know, but...) - in fact I think I've gained 1 or 2.

Any tips?

Or am I just overreacting?

This is particularly weird as last night I was in a lung-destroying pick-up hockey game with a bunch of guys 5X faster times than me. I had thought I'd lost 10 pounds in that hour alone...!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 12:20

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

A couple things... yes, you are being impatient and overreacting. After the initial weight loss of induction, things are bound to slow down a bit. You can't expect to lose a pound a day. That's unhealthy and unrealistic. A better goal would be 1-2 pounds a week.

Secondly, weight fluctuations are completely normal. Water and food intake, exercise, sleep patterns, bowel movements, etc. can all effect a scale reading. It's more important to look at trends in the scale (or better yet, inches lost around waist, hips, thighs, etc.)

Keep it up and you will see even more results, I promise! Just be patient.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 14:19
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

No, you can't expect to lose a pound a day--but wouldn't it be wonderful? Just think...I'd be at my goal in 5 months!

Jude
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 14:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/134/130 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress: 86%

More weight loss is just around the corner! I lost about 6 lbs the first week of Induction then maybe 1 or 2 the second week. I was tres disappointed. Then the next couple of weeks my body seemed to adjust and I lose about 1-1 1/2lbs per week now. And even then sometimes there's a week or two with no weight loss. I think the first week includes a good amount of fluid loss, too. Yup, definitely hang in there. You did take measurements, right? That can be reassuring when there's no weight loss but there is an inches loss.