Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 06:53
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 240/206.5/165 Female 67 inches
BF:50%/43.0/23%
Progress: 45%
Talking We survived week one!

And starting week two with gusto!!

One question though....can you have a great workout...hit your 10's like your supposed to and NOT be sore? As hard as I worked my UB Friday I was SURE I would be aching Saturday but surprisingly only my shoulders were a wee-bit sore but that was gone by noon-ish. Now...after my first LBWO, I was wicked sore for 2 days...then again this morning, I was huffing and puffing and sweating like I was doing a cardio workout but my LB doesn't feel anywhere near as tired as they did last wednesday.

So...question remains...can you do a killer workout and reach your 9's and 10's and not be sore? OR are you perceptions of what a 9 or 10 feels like off and you need to push it a little more?

ps...we did things a bit backwards and took our measurements yesterday (we forgot to do before we officially started) and I'd lost 3 pounds last week so this thing may work afterall...looks like it kicked my month long stall to the curb anyways!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 06:58

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggle4fun
So...question remains...can you do a killer workout and reach your 9's and 10's and not be sore? OR are you perceptions of what a 9 or 10 feels like off and you need to push it a little more?
I find when I do BFL and don't eat many carbs I hardly ever feel sore, but when I do it by the book I can be too sore to move 36 hours later. IMHO, it has a lot to do with glycogen levels and lactic acid build up.

Just because you're not acheing the day or two days, after does not mean you haven't worked to failure. Keep paying attention to form and keep going until failure and you'll reap the rewards. I much prefer doing heavy lifting while eating LC, the pain might feel good when it's mild, but when it's intense it greatly interferes with life!

Keep up the great work - and yes, it really does work
-Nat
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 11:41
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 240/206.5/165 Female 67 inches
BF:50%/43.0/23%
Progress: 45%
Wink Thanks Nat...

Your honest opinion is probably pretty close to a good explanation...it appeals to my mind anyways. I can't imagine working much harder than I did this morning or Friday. I took Arnies suggestion for crunches (holding for increasing amounts of time) and if anything is sore it might be the flabby abs...

I love that it's 1:00PM here and I don't feel tired or sluggish!! I don't feel like eating though and that's a problem (drank a shake instead) but we'll see how I feel in another hour or two.