Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-06, 19:24

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%
Default Need Help figuring carb count

I'm not sure how to figure carbs for this.... I don't count carbs some friends do. So I need some help. I figure 1/2 c is a servings so if I could get some help with total carbs then they can figure out per how much they want to eat.
Thanks for all the help.

LC Lemon pudding

1c splenda
1c water
6 egg yolks (lightly mix in bowl)
1 T butter
1t lemon extract(only if you want lots of lemon)
1/2c lemon juice (I cheat and use the real lemon stuff in the jar, you could squeeze lemons)

4oz lite cream cheese (1/2 of the large bar, room temp)
2 c whipped cream (if using real cream you whip add lemon extract and a little splenda to taste, I’ve real whip cream and cool whip both)

In a sauce pan mix splenda and water over med heat just until blended. Water will not be HOT yet so add egg yolks to pan and mix with a wisk. Keep stirring, until it starts to boil, cook 1 minute at a boil. Take off heat add butter and lemon juice, . Wisk well. Might not be thick like pudding at this point but that’s ok. Let cool at room temp do not cover.

Must be cool then add the lemon extract, cream cheese, and whip cream. Mix with a mixer this will thicken up the pudding. Once all mixed put in frig to chill ok to cover now. I make it the day before so its nice and cold when served.

Now you can make a nut crust and it can be a pie, or just leave in a bowl for pudding. I always have extra of the whip cream for topping. Or you can use the egg whites and make a meringue for the pie. I've even layerd it in a glass bowl with the whip cream looks pretty if taking somewhere.

If you use real lemons you can grate the zest and add inside the pudding mix and garnish on top too.
I made this up from my granny’s lemon meringue pie recipe.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-06, 20:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

I'm sure wherever you got this recipe (your gran?), it says how many servings? Take the carb counts from the packages of each product you use, and/or from the CarbCounter on the green Menu Bar under Tools above. Add up the carbs for the whole recipe (each ingredient) and divide by the number of servings the recipe says (or you decide). Pies are usually either 6 or 8 "slices" (estimating a half cup doesn't help much). You need to count carbs for the ingredients you actually use in any version, whether you choose nut crust or no crust, whipped cream on top or meringue, etc.

There's your carb count AND you have learned how to do it. This explanation is probably quite common in the Newbie's Questions forum section, you might find more help there, too.

#3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-10-06, 13:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167/000/120 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 355%

These counts are for the whole batch with no crust.

With granular Splenda:
1712 Calories; 157g Fat; 33g Protein; 47g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 47g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
1616 Calories; 157g Fat; 33g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 23g Net Carbs
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-13-06, 11:05

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Thanks for all the help.