Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 12:07

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 175/167/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:
Default just started atkins!

Hey! I'm 19 from CT and just started Atkins 5 days ago....it's really easy (so far!) and i lost 6 pounds! However, I started drinking diet soda and I'm not really keeping track of cheese...will this effect my weight loss greatly throughout indution? Anyways, if anyone wants to be support-buddies and talk DAILY...IM me! Kimbobee123 (AIM) or e-mail *******
I'm really looking for a couple ppl to help supoprt and support me so I can get to my goal weight! thanx!
GOOD LUCK LC!

height: 5'7"
weight started:175
weight now:167
goal weight: 145 (someday!)

Last edited by Rosebud : Fri, Aug-01-03 at 20:37. Reason: Removal of email address. Please reread the forum rules.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 09:54

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 247.6/245.4/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 2%

Right there with you - I'm almost two weeks into Induction. The aspartame in diet sodas can slow down the loss, plus there are several studies suggesting it isn't healthy. Coke was one of my primary sugar intakes, so I'm staying away from even the diet sodas. In general, it's probably best to get rid of the sweets for the sake of cleansing your body of those cravings. It'll make sticking-to-it much easier down the road. As for the cheese, I haven't been keeping track of that either.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 09:40
Registered Member

Plan: atkins start over 7/23/2003
Stats: 174/166/140 Female 5 ft 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hey, I'm also 19 from Mass...i also just started, well on july 23..this is my second attempt since i didnt do it right the first time due to all the temptations around me on campus during the semester...but next semester i'm living at home and commuting so i'm happy i'll have home cooked food and can plan ahead.

I'm on day 12 of induction and have lost 7 lbs so far. I'm pretty much following it exactly by the book (no lc bars or shakes or nuts (evil!)) But i think i did go over the cheese limit a couple days. its so good and addicting! I'm not drinking any sodas right now. But my supermarket has sodas called "waist watcher" and its caffeine free and made w/splenda.....I am however allowing myself to have sf jello which does have aspartame in it, but i dont think its been stalling me...we'll see

kimbo, we have very similar stats, hope we both progress in the right direction.....lets lose these pounds!!!!!

-merry
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 11:53
<---The Crazy One!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 25%

howdy all! I'm 21 and live in Houston,Tx. I'm on day 6 of induction..even those this is attempt #4...lol. I went to Nicaragua a week ago and just couldn't stay away from the foods. I've lost 4pounds so far, so it hasn't been too bad.
Do you think splenda stalls? I've been drinking Diet Hansens and its made w/ splenda. Its caffiene free though. I hope not..its the best diet soda that I've come across.....
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 14:15

BF:

I think everyone has to determine individually what artificial sweeteners stall us, if any. Again, hold off on sweets for a few weeks... it really does remove the sugar cravings! Very worth it.

Most importantly, though... any soda has to be in *addition* to your daily water intake. The water is vital!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 21:59
<---The Crazy One!

BF:

Did everybody have a good weekend? I had a carb day on saturday...it was pretty nice..i don't feel too bad from it, just bloated from dumb T.O.M starting today.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 22:21

BF:

Eh. I came home after a summer away, so my week has been screwy. I'm going extra-strict for a couple weeks to catch up and hopefully compensate for the sugar intake. Sigh.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 08:07
<---The Crazy One!

BF:

I know how that goes...lol... i had a planned carb day on sat..it went pretty well...I just weighed in to see the damage..i didn't gain a pound..woohoo...I'm going to do an official weigh in next monday and see if i dropped down to 150 or 151..
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 08:28

BF:

You might want to read more about the carbohydrate addict's diet. I haven't read the book, but it discusses reward meals. Balanced carbohydrate meal(or splurge, whatever) within a one hour period. Supposedly doesn't affect ketosis. Probably not something to try on Induction, though.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 12:33
<---The Crazy One!

BF:

I did my weigh in today and I didn't gain anything from that meal on saturday. I wasn't planning on weighing in til next monday, but I was curious. I think atkins also mentioned the 60min reward meal also. W/ the CAD i think the carb day is suppose to go for 12-24hrs. That was just a lil too much for me. I did mine for 6hrs though..dinner was really long and then we went to a bar afterwards...but I was soo ready to get back on atkins by the end of it....just felt gross from carbs. OH well..i had fun on sat and don't regret the carb intake. But that is somethign I don't want to do very often...