Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 07:09

Plan: CAD
Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%
Question What else for breakfast aside from eggs? Getting really tired of those...

I know some of you don't eat it, but "brunch" isn't an option for me at the moment, I'm still hungry when I wake up but I guess that might change eventually. I'm just really tired of eggs and bacon or sausage...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 08:09

Plan: Shangri-La Diet
Stats: 316/217.5/154 Female 67"
BF:60/36/24
Progress: 61%

Sango,

I find that I wake up really hungry when I had too many carbs the day before.

There are many things you can eat though. A burger and veggies, other types of meat and veggies, a piece of chicken with veggies, fish and veggies, maybe some cottage cheese and veggies, It may help to cook more meat than you need the day before and have some of that in the morning.

Anyone doing protein shakes?

I sometimes make a vegetable soup with cabbages, celery, spinach, any LC veggies that seem good. Sometimes I cook the soup with chicken or pork. It makes a CM/CS whenever I need to eat.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 09:47

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

I have eggs frequently, but when I can't face another one I will switch to having a can of salmon with some mayo. Or, occasionally some meat. Once I have that for a few days, I find the eggs suddenly look more appealing again.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 12:47

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 191/189/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Oh, dear, yes!
Progress: 5%

Hi Sango,
If I make a roast the day before (crockpots are great, especially in the summer), I have some for breakfast. When I was doing Atkins, I got really tired of eggs, too! If I can get to our friend's farm, I get some different species of eggs (love duck & turkey).

I've been known to have some pretty outrageous things for breakfast. When I get tired of breakfast fare, I have lunch fare. If I'm not really that hungry, I'll have 1/2 c lowfat cottage cheese, or an ounce of cream cheese (or Neufchatel) in a celery stalk or two. I also like a burger, sometimes out of different meat (buffalo is my favorite), with whatever legal topping I'm in the mood for. Bacon and cheese works good here.

I really have to think outside the box for breakfast, since I haven't been allowed breads, pastries, etc, for breakfast, not even fruit, for some time now. So, with Atkins, and now CAD/CALP, I have low-carb ANY meal for breakfast! Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 13:12

Plan: CALP to goal/now my plan
Stats: 188/160/155 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 85%

I have a little problem with eggs, too. Most days I do wait and have brunch--so maybe this doesn't seem as weird to me as it might to others. My favorite food in the early part of the day is a slice of Boar's Head (hot/spicy) sliced chicken (0 carbs) on a romaine lettuce leaf-topped with a dash of horseradish, finely chopped lc veggies (I like radish, celery, cucumber), and a half (very thin) slice of swiss cheese. Roll it all up (deli platter style), and it makes a wonderful "sandwich". An easier way to get some veggies in without having to eat the whole salad... I can eat 2 or 3 of these, and feel full for hours.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 13:15

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

My breakfast this morning: coffee with heavy cream, soy/flax toast with cream cheese and lox, 4 sausage links
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 18:00
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

I eat veggies and some protein. Sometimes I'll just grab the protein or have some protein and mayo mixtures in the frig for breakfast. I gave up eggs for breakfast since I found out that if I have them then they just make me hungrier.

Don't think of the morning meal as breakfast. Just think of it as CM#1 and think outside the box.