Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 06:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/160/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default Through the first 2 weeks and expanding diet

I was getting horribly bored with the induction foods. I felt like if I saw another plate of bacon and eggs I would hurl. Anyway, I lost 8.5 lbs. during my 2 week induction so decided to still try to stay below the 20 g but to introduce some foods other than the recommended veggies.

I stopped at Walmart and purchased a box of the Atkins breakfast bars and I can't tell you how much I enjoy nibbling them in the a.m. at my desk with my cup of coffee/decaf. I'm sure I'll get back to where I can handle bacon and eggs again sometimes but not quite there yet. I also bought some organic whole milk yogurt (with 6 active cultures) and have been having a 1/2 cup with 1 tsp of sugar free jam (7 g carb in tbsp). Yummy! I plan on having a couple of strawberries tonight if I can find some nice ones, topped with a dollop of whipped cream.

So far I haven't had any trouble with cravings by adding some sweetness to my diet. It's only been a few days, of course, but I am hoping that because I am aware of the possibility I will be able to avoid them. I purchased several different types of low carb chocolate bars just in case.

I feel good except for occassional leg weakness. I am taking a potassium supplement now so that will probably help. And even though I haven't lost that much considering I have about 30 lbs more to go, my clothes are starting to hang on me. The capri pants I have on today were a tad snug a couple of weeks ago, now I have to keep pulling them up at the waist and they are BAGGY in the butt. I don't mean just a little loose, I mean grab hold and pull them out about 6" or so. I didn't bother taking measurements when I started and I regret that now because I would love to see the results. Even my wrists look smaller. I have never experienced this with a diet before unless I had lost 15 lbs. or more. Amazing.

Laurie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 13:17
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Congrats on your success Laurie!
Always good to hear such stories.