Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 16:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200.5/192.5/150 Female 5'6
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 16%
Default OMG I found candy bars!!!

WOW! I was looking for Atkins stuff , I thought why don't I just check at the health food store in my mall I work at. I go there what do I see??? Peanut butter cups and other chocolate bars!! OMG I was in heaven. The cups are half the size of reese peanut butter cups. I only had 1 out of 3 today so I can watch what my weight does.

I dont want to mess it up I had diet jello this weekend for a treat Sat and sun and I lost 4.5lbs from fri-sun!!!!! Since I cheated that one day 2 weeks ago Sunday, I have lost 10lbs. So cheating that day did speed up my weight loss!!! I'm so excited!!!! Feel like I wasted 3 weeks of the diet with that stall!!!! I could have been 160 by now! oh well i'll keep going from here!!!

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 18:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Lots of people love the bars. You will just have to experiment and see how your body reacts to it. It causes weight loss stalls for some and doesn't bother others. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 18:32

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

And if you eat more of those than the recommended serving, you will spend the next day VERY close to a bathroom. The sugar alcohols that sweeten them are powerful LAXATIVES!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 18:37

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 165/160/140 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress:

I know I am not allowed candy until 2 weeks is up BUT I was looking (only looking!!) and saw this low carb peacan cluster bar by russel stover! The make the best chocolate...bt waiting for the 2 weeks to be up so I can have just a small 2 week victory bite! CHOMP!!
Kim
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 18:42

yeeessss..... I read that with peanut butter cups it said 1-2 a day well today I only had one. I think I will just have 1 a day as a treat. And not to mention they are $1.99 Ca. ANd the other kind of bar is $2.29. So a little bit for a taste is fine with me.
Devil
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 18:56

Plan: My own lactovegetarian
Stats: 130/110/112 Female 63 inches
BF:24.5%
Progress: 111%

Hi Devil 03,
I know how you feel. When I found them I thought I had died and gone to Heaven. Wow . But I do have to be careful with them. Fortunately or unfortunately some brands here at Walmart are only 96 cents each! . Anyway, enjoy.

Mary
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 19:55

Stats: 165/126/130 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Quote:
So cheating that day did speed up my weight loss!!! I'm so excited!!!! Feel like I wasted 3 weeks of the diet with that stall!!!! I could have been 160 by now! oh well i'll keep going from here!!!

I think it is pretty dangerous to assume that your cheat got your weight loss going. Just be careful.

Good luck!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 21:05

i know I will be careful, But I was in a stall for 3 weeks before I had that day. I know that not the answer but it helped lol.
thanks
devil
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 21:18

Stats: 243/243/165 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Omg !

I aslo found some bars today at Trader Joes here in Cali.This is what I got...Strive Crunchy Chocolate Smores 20g protein and 25g carbs ,Think Thin Low Carb Diet bar Caramel Swir 20g protein 23g carbs,and Pure Protein with 32g protein 28 carbs. They all caost anywhere between 1.29-1.69..Good prices I think! Anywho I had half of one today since im still in Induction is that a No No?
Michelle

Last edited by November : Tue, Aug-05-03 at 21:20.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 21:25

BF:

Hi Michelle! How much of those carbs are sugar alcohols? Unless they are sugar alcohols or fiber you have to count the whole amt. of carbs. I am not familiar with those brands so I don't know. Be very careful in induction. I think the purists here would tell you to avoid them but some people say they have them OCCASSIONALLY and aren't bothered while in induction. I personally wouldn't use them in induction but thats just me. You have to see what works for you. Good luck!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 21:54

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power Plan
Stats: 282/245/160 Female 5'9"
BF:Yes!
Progress: 30%
Default Peanut Butter Cups

I LOVE THOSE! I read the Atkins New Diet Revolution book, I guess it was an OLD one because it didnt state anything about the Atkins "sweets".. Once I found those Peanut Butter Cups, I tried one and LOVED them! I was told yesterday by a member here that I shouldnt be eating them during induction phase.. I didnt know, so i'm keeping them in the freezer until 2 weeks is over.. I just bought the *UPDATED* version today of the New Diet Revolution book, it will probably say something in there about it. I assumed that as long as you stay UNDER your 20 carbs, youd be good to go... I'm still learning!!!!!

B.T.W-a box of 5-3 packs is $3.96 at my local WalMart.. Not too bad!

Best of luck, Ronell
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 21:57

BF:

Ronell, the sugar alcohols in the bars cause weight loss stalls in a lot of people while they don't bother others at all. See how it goes with you. Yeah, I wouldn't have them in induction. You are being a good kid! tee hee.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 22:23

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power Plan
Stats: 282/245/160 Female 5'9"
BF:Yes!
Progress: 30%
Arrow

I really want to make this work, more then anything! I'm VERY happy someone told me about the candy.. If they hadnt i'd probably snack on 1 a day, and possibly not drop any weight. Another reason i'm glad I found this site ! I'm sure after my 2 weeks is up, those ice cold P.B.Cups will taste really good!

P.S.-Any limitations on the pancake mix, or any of the Atkins mixes??
Should they be saved until after induction??

So many questions...............
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 07:30

Hi, I would save all the Atkins stuff for after induction. Well I had 1 P.B. cup yesterday as I said and today I was up a pound could be water, I'm not sure I think I will stay away from one today and see if anything changes. Still glad they are there though lol.
later
Devil
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 14:07

Stats: 187/157/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 64%

Hershey's now makes a line of sugar free chocolates, made with sugar alcohols. My favorites are the Sugar Free Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. They are SOOO good, and they taste like the real thing---it makes me want to overeat them! Unfortunately (or perhaps, fortunately) if you eat more than a couple, your tummy will pay for it the rest of the night!