Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 12:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/141/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 77%
Question Research sites?

I've been doing alot of reading on the various forums and have been doing Atkins since June with pretty regular stalls. Same as many folks on here have said, I keep gaining and loosing the same 2 lbs though still following the diet religiously and working out.

My main question is, does anyone have any actual research sites that prove that various things can cause weight loss stalls? I'm talking about both prescription medications as well as things like sugar alcohols and Nutrasweet. Having a scientist for a husband just makes me want to see actual documented proof!

Thanks!
Carol
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 13:18
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

hi Carol,

Here's a link to the index of articles at the Atkins Center website dealing with weight loss stalls .. Overcoming Obstacles. Each article deals with a different issue, such as estrogen, blood pressure medication etc .. and each article has listed the scientific references used. Most of those references are linked and you can view at least the original study abstract.

hth,

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 13:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/141/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 77%
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
hi Carol,

Here's a link to the index of articles at the Atkins Center website dealing with weight loss stalls .. Overcoming Obstacles. Each article deals with a different issue, such as estrogen, blood pressure medication etc .. and each article has listed the scientific references used. Most of those references are linked and you can view at least the original study abstract.

Thanks, Doreen, I had already looked there and still can't find anything that says a study was done about aspartame just to not use it (there's no references given on that article). I'm still hunting on various prescription drugs I'm on that Atkins says inhibits weight loss but can't find any studies done on them that proves it. Only one had a study done but it was on elderly patients! Until then, I guess I'll continue to take my "drugs".

Thanks again!
Carol
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 14:42

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Carol, it's pretty dry reading (and searching) but you might find some corroborating studies at PubMed.com.

-Nat