Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 01:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/250/200 Female 6'0
BF:ugh!
Progress: 47%
Smile trying to see the silver lining

Hi everyone-

OK, I really am trying to see the silver lining.

The bad/frustrating news: it's almost been 5 weeks now, and my weight loss, which started slow to begin with, has seemed to stop. I'm still doing heavy-duty induction with 10-15 carbs per day. I'm wondering about my calorie intake -- I posted this to another thread, but I am still concerned. I've been trying to eat 10x my GOAL weight, between 1800 - 2000 calories per day. According to Fitday, I sometimes reach this, but usually hit around 1700. Someone said on this other thread that we should eat 10x our CURRENT weight, which for me would be 2800 calories per day! This isn't exactly something that I could just "experiment" with, this is a huge difference! So, on 1800 calories (really 1700), am I in starvation? Anyone else have these problems/questions? Honestly, I have no idea how I could raise that, especially since I am forcing myself to eat just to hit the "goal weight intake."

Here's the other bad/frustrating news: I'm leaving for my month-long trip on Monday, and my husband convinced me to wait until the last minute to go clothes shopping because "you will have lost sooo much weight by then." I went shopping tonight -- still the exact same sizes fitting the exact same way.

The silver lining?: I had to go to the doctor for something non-Atkins related. For the first time in a few years, my blood-pressure was in the normal range.

Little victories - baby steps
Athena
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 05:38
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

The calorie issue is a very interesting one, is it not. I have formed my own view on it. But not everyone need count calories! This is for those who are getting closer to there goal and can seem to get moveing. Also those who have a hard time moving. Basically you want to eat 10 to 12x your goal weight, but not above 10 to 12x's you current weight. There for you have a range. To find what works best for you. I have took both theories and combined them.

200 is a higher goal, I personally see nothing wronge with only hitting 1700 calories a day. As long as you are not hungry! Try though (which I think is more important) to keep the fat count around 70%. Things seem to stand still when my fat count is down. Good luck
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 05:39
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Also, you might want to post of some menus of what your normally eat. Someone may be able to give you some helpful advice on something that your are missing.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 06:30

Stats: 211/148/122 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hi Athena,
I have been having the same problem and have been experimenting a little myself. I have found that eating 10x my goal weight is pretty good for me but also increasing my fat intake helps. I am trying to keep my calories around 1300-1400 and my fat around 70% or so and this seems to help. Also aerobic exercise (walking) helps me like nothing else too. It is funny that some people (mostly men IMHO) have no problems on this WOE and the rest of us have to tweak it to work for us. Dont give up and do the best you can while you are away. Although it might not make you feel better right now, this is a way of eating for life so dont go too hard on yourself if things dont show up right away. You can still do it once you find what works for you.
Donnie
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 07:12
Registered Member

Plan: ER4YT and Atkins
Stats: 172/146/139 Female 5'2"
BF:35%/23%/20%
Progress: 79%

Hi Anna:

Do you think you have candida related issues? I had a major stall from March to beginning of June. I was eating cheese and some dairy as well as some bars. I figured my old friend candida had come for a visit. Sure enough when I stop anything with cheese, frankenfoods etc., and started with probiotics and anticandida, the weight started to come off. There are threads throughout about candida. Get it checked out.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 10:58
Registered Member

Stats: 295/250/200 Female 6'0
BF:ugh!
Progress: 47%

Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into the candida. Here is my Fitday journal. Last week is a big hole because I was locked in a hotel room doing exams.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...?Owner=Athena31

Thanks- Athena