Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 21:43

Plan: CAD
Stats: 268/201/145
BF:
Progress:
Question lost 1 lb but i have questions

Hi all! I have been on CALP now for 3 weeks, the second week i stayed the same and this week i lost 1 pound. I am very happy with that but my question is will this continue or will i have to change the types of carbs i am eating at my RM after awhile in order to continue to lose weight? I exercise 5 days per week by walking 2 miles in 30 minutes. An example of one of my RM is as follows: 11:00 or 12:00 am - 2 eggs and 2 sausage patties, 5:00 or 6:00 pm is my RM- large green salad with some grated cheese.bacon, and boiled egg with Ranch dressing 2 tbs.,
6 oz broiled white fish, sizzling hot apple pie with 1 scoop ice cream. This is all i had all day except water which i drink about 90 oz per day.
Just looking at my plate it looked as though my portion sizes were the same. This is the type of RM i have been eating all week and i still lost a pound. Was this just luck or is this an acceptable way to eat on the CALP.
I would apprecitate any advice or opinions anyone can offer.
Thanks-
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 05:45

Plan: Shangri-La Diet
Stats: 316/217.5/154 Female 67"
BF:60/36/24
Progress: 61%

Sparkle5,

Looking at your menu, I don't see LC veggies in your meal selections except the large salad. You should be having some kind of allowed veggie in your CM meals and a nice big portion in addition to the salad for your RM. Also, a thought might be to have the ice cream or the pie, but not both in the same meal. Or have small portions of both.

The way I can tell if I have had too many carbs the day before is if I wake up hungry. If I wake up and am not hungry, I know I did not overdo on the carb portion of my meal.

And, it's a good idea to make your carbs high quality ones, use whole grains if possible (brown rice instead of white, whole grain bread instead of white, small portions of potatoes, as they are high glycemic foods, maybe a starchy veggie as a carb, like carrots, corn, legumes, sweet potatoes, or winter squash.

Just some thoughts. But to me, it really looks like you need more LC veggies in all of your meals.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 06:29
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

As Ilse said, more veggies would be good. Unless the salad was double portioned it wouldn't count toward the 1/3 balance of CALP. And you'd need them to offset the pie and ice cream.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 11:09

Plan: CAD
Stats: 268/201/145
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for your replies. I admit veggies are the hardest part for me. I will work harder at adding more veggies.
Thanks for your help.