Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 20:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/140/110 Female 62
BF:
Progress:
Default First Timer

In every aspect I am a first timer, I have never really dieted in my life... maybe thought about it a few times, but just never really had the motivation to do so. This week, I got my motivation... big time! I found out that I am at a very high risk for diabetes. I sort of knew this when I became pregnant, but never really took it seriously and neither did my Dr at the time.

Now, 13 years after the birth of my last child, I am starting to get nervous, I guess that is normal, my body isn't what it used to be, but that is the least of my worries. My concerns are 'will this body get me through the next 10 years, or even 5! It seems to be falling apart, maybe I am over-reacting, but I don't think so. I believe I weigh in reasonably, although I would like to trim down a bit, my goal is to adjust to a healthier lifestyle, not to lose weight per-se. My appetite and energy levels are all out of whack... these are some of what has led me to LC and this forum.

I have just started, right now! I don't believe in starting tomorrow... tomorrow never comes! I am prepared to change my eating habits, to add exercise (regularly) to my daily routine and to meet the challenges that I may be faced with. What I do not have is experience, this is where I hope to benefit from this forum, and maybe, oe day in the not to distant future, I will be informed enough to help someone else in their quest for a more healthful lifestyle.

I think the hardest part for me will be potatoes... I am guessing that I am one of the most adamant potato lover this side of Ireland... but we will see!

I am glad to have found you all and look forward to participating in your discussions

Bisou

Laura
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 23:40

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi Laura!

Welcome to the low carb forum!!! I was also a first time dieter when I started this plan and this forum has been a huge help! I'm sure you'll be able to make it to your goal!

It sounds like you have just the right attitude for this program and will be dedicated to exercising and eating right!

As for the potatoes, mock mashed potatoes can be made from a very softly cooked cauliflower. Cheesey scalloped potatoes can be made with thin slices of a squash named chayote.

Of course those two dont taste exactly like potato, but they are pretty darn tasty!

Good luck!