Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 01:29

Plan: WOE
Stats: 122/119/100
BF:
Progress: 14%
Smile A tiny rich chocolate treat - mmm

Hey Everybody!

I haven't posted a lot on here but I just thought I'd post this lil tip for u all Okay I dunno if this is even original, but if you are just looking for a tiny lil taste of rich chocolateyness (lol) then do this:

In a mug, combine 1 teasp. unsalted peanut butter (or salted), approx 1/2 teasp. cocoa powder (I was guestimating most of the time), sprinkle in Splenda granular to taste (approx 1/2 teasp or maybe more), and very small amounts of water to get the right runniness (which is whatever you like, I like it pasty ) and just mix it together. If you have little bits at a time, it tastes really really really nice just like rich chocolate paste or something, and it's only a small amount so it's about 1 carb per serve (from the p/b).

I hope this helps ppl out there! It's beautiful and It's nice and chocolately so you don't really need much more than a few teasp.'s anyway!

Megan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 21:33

Plan: Atkins since sept 22/02
Stats: 205/165/150 Female 5'8
BF:32/28/22
Progress: 73%
Talking yummy

This is really good if you make a little more and drop it by teaspoon full and put in fridge. Also very fast and easy to make. We sure need easy, right? Thanks, Meggles, HL
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 08:04

Plan: First Atkins, now South Beach
Stats: 165/160/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default I MADE THESE

and I have to say IT IS SCRUMPTIOUS!

I admit I was apprehensive about it, so I had to try it. It is the richest little decadent thing! I felt like I was eating a Lindt chocolate truffle! I used crunchy peanut butter so it had a peanut butter cup effect! Thank you so much for turning me on to this!!! I put some in the fridge for later and it was even better cold! I am calling these my legal chocolate truffles!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 16:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/199/155
BF:
Progress: 2%

Hi
I just made a version of this too...yummy I used cream instead of water and added about a teaspoon of sunflower seeds. Put into tiny little ramekins in the fridge waiting for me.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 22:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 221.8/221.8/155 Female 5’7”
BF:
Progress: 0%

Okay, that was heaven, pure heaven! I did 1 Tbs peanut butter, 1/2 Tbs cocoa powder, 1 packet stevia, and about 1 oz cream. Then I dipped strawberries into it. Mmm mmm good!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 00:21

Plan: WOE
Stats: 122/119/100
BF:
Progress: 14%
Smile :)

I'm glad you guys like it too!

To me it tastes kinda like peanut brittle - mmmmm

Meggles
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 21:54

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 214/150/145 Female 5'4
BF:don't know anymore
Progress: 93%

Wow soooo good. What is the best peanut butter to use? Mine says 7 carbs for 2 Tbs. I want to make a big batch of this. Anyone have a larger amount reciepe?
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 20:03

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

My fridge is bare and I needed a treat, these were the only ingredients I had to make any kind of treat. I usually make peanut butter cups . I just put some Kroger brand crunchy natural peanut butter, some heavy whipping cream and 1 packet of splenda. (didnt measure) I accidentally dumped too much cocoa but it was yummy. I think it tastes like peanut butter fudge . I put my ingredients into the search and came up with this post. .There are a few more hits on my search. Maybe others have made this up in a moment of desperation also. My pb has 6 carbs and 2 fiber.
Cindy
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 07:30
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 155/153/? Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress:

wow. this stuff is amazing. i also used cream instead of water to make it runny and it came out so rich and delicious! i spooned some onto a plate and stuck it in the freezer to get nice a chilled. thanks for this awsome recipe, it rocks! peace out.