Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 12:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 138/135/125
BF:
Progress: 23%
Unhappy whats going on?

well ok, I first started the atkins diet about two months ago and during my induction period i lost 4 pounds and was feeling really good, I could notice in my jeans and everything. I lost a pound or two more and then one day i decided it would be ok if i went off the diet for just one day just to get everything absolutely out of my system. Well to make a long story short....i ate a whole lot of carbs all that WEEKEND, and it was the worst thing i had ever done....i gained those 4 pounds right back and it took me over a month to get back on the diet. So for about a month now ive been really concentrating on the diet but in ONE month ive only lost FOUR pounds. I dont understand why I lost so quickly the first time and now its so slow. I only want to lost about 10 pounds but its going to drive me crazy if i lose so slow. Do you think its a consequence of screwing up so bad that first time?? I go back to college in a few months and I want to be completely comfortable with my body this year!! Help I need some insperation or something!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 00:03

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

There is such a thing as 'the golden shot' i.e. it's a lot easier the first time. Also if you are not too overweight you will find it harder to lose. If you keep at it you will lose.

What are you going to do when you go back to college? If you start eating crap again it will all come back. You are obviously young so you need to plan for the long term.

Last edited by RCFletcher : Sun, Jun-08-03 at 00:06.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 07:54

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Robert is right and those last 10 pounds are notoriosly slow to come off. You may also want to take a close look at your calorie levels and excercise intensity. Too few calories can slow down your weight loss as much as consuming too many and exercise is nothing but beneficial both for losing fat and toning muscle as you go. Don't think that you have to exercise like a maniac, but getting up and moving 3-4 times a week can only help.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 11:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/209/150 Female 5' 6.5"
BF:39%/34.6%/24%
Progress: 18%

A pound a week is ABSOLUTELY normal on Atkins, and there is no need to tinker as long as you are losing...Expect those last ten pounds to come off slowly. for some reason, they always do...