Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 16:12

Plan: ATKINS INDUCTION
Stats: 375/375/150
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Feeling Bad

HI EVERYBODY,
I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP. I FEEL TERRIBLE.THIS IS MY SECOND WEEK IN INDUCTION. THE FIRST WEEK I FELT BAD A COUPLE OF DAYS AND THEN I FELT GREATFOR ABOUT 3. NOW I JUST FEEL AWFUL I AM DRINKING A LOT OF WATER. EVERY TIME AFTER I EAT I FEEL SICK. I AM EXTREMELY TIRED. IS THIS NORMAL? I AM IN THE PURPLE ON THE KETOSIS STRIPS. PLEASE HELP.
ALSO I AM EATING EGGS AND BACON FOR BREAKFAST. SALAD AND A MEAT FOR LUNCH AND MEAT AND GREENBEANS FOR DINNER .
THANKS,BEXTER
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 17:23

Plan: Low carb, low fat.
Stats: 308/207/150
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default It gets easier.

Hi there,

I hate to hear you are feeling so bad. Try not to think about what you are missing, its just food. Concentrate on what there is to gain and there is so much. I experienced really bad headaches to begin with and I thought that it might not be worth it. But, now I've dropped 5 dress sizes in my bottoms and 6 sizes in my tops. Sometimes I dont even recognise my own reflection. It's the best feeling for someone who has been the same weight for about 5 years. Maybe longer. Just read about all of the peopel who have made it. That's what helps me along.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 19:07
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/196/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%
Bexter-

If you had 3 days of feeling great after 2 bad days it sounds like you were over your carb withdrawal. I don't think it is normal to feel bad again after fealing great.

Are you taking any supplements? The limited food on induction does not give us the nutrients we need. There are supplements we can take that help with fatigue, nausea, etc.

If someone more knowledgeable that me does not answer you here, try posting your question on the Atkins forum or the Supplements forum.

Your problem could be so many things and I don't have the experience or knowledge. Wish I could help more, but there are lots of people here with the answers.