Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 13:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/220/160
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Stall!!

Hello group..please help me.....I have been at a weight loss stand-still for 8 weeks......I have tried the meat binge, the eat -everything binge,the reduction of calories,decreasing all artificial sweeteners,stopping all franken-foods(no bars,candies or shakes)........I am beginning to get very discouraged......I started Atkin's on 3/1/03 and started losing weight like gang-busters.... and now.....nothing.....not even inches.......encouragement please!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 13:28

Plan: low carb & Atkins
Stats: 318/296/195 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default welcome to the club..

this happens to me all the time, on any diet. I have found that it is always me. Somehow as time goes on the diet, I start fudgging and my math (counting carbs) goes to hell... There are 2 things I do when I get stuck like that:
1) I use Ketostix to make sure I am in ketosis, even a little.
2) I go on a 5 days of a premeasured (plastic containers) minimum food intake (less then 1500 cals, of which 1000 are fat!) and I do not eat anything else!

this does 2 things, it gives me feedback everyday on how my fat burning goes, and second: it "resets" my carbs intake back to diet levels.. and within 4-5 days I am back in ketosis, and losing again... I need to do this every month or so.

Last edited by Arie : Fri, May-30-03 at 13:31.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 13:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 166/155.5/135
BF:
Progress: 34%
Thumbs up Hang in there!

Average out your weight loss and divide by the # of weeks you've been low carbing. Looks like a nice, steady loss, right? Think about the healthy eating habbits you're learning. Stick with one plan and kick the cardio up a notch.
Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 13:36

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

O Dear................ thats too bad........... But now that you have been through all those Tricks, are you now back on strict induction?? It may take a while for your system to settle down and trust you, you did so very well in the begining. I think when someone goes through all thoose trick ways to start losing it can sometimes backfire on you and your body will not give up anything, thinks it's in starvation mode. So maybe re-read the induction rules just to refresh yourself, do the shopping thing, try do with out the any sweetners for 2 weeks with the induction.

Also, you said you decreased your calories? by how much? sometimes the problem is not eating enough............... same results your bod thinks it starving won't let go of anything.

Have a good read back through the posts here, most tend to only read the current ones or first few pages, but there is tons of good info in the older posts as well.

Good Luck, Kathy
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 15:19

Stats: 236/186/190 Male 72 inches
BF:21
Progress: 109%

Hi lexicam,
First, congratulations on how well you have done, but it did spoil you a bit, didn't it? It just plain sucks when the weight stops coming off.

I would suggest that you just go back to the basics and stop all the fad tweaking and messing up something that works if you just leave it alone. It just won't heal if you keep picking on it!

No, really.... just sit back and do the thing as it was written and be patient. If you have to do anything beyond that, do exercise, and a lot of it. Don't think of what is happening as a stall, but a plateau that you body has to get used to for a bit. While it is doing that, stop throwing it all the curves by bouncing your diet around.

My experience is that the weight loss continually slows down, then stops for a while. Nothing I have tried will start it again, so I just don't try, except to be more patient and exercise more and more. The more you loose, the more you will have to exercise to keep loosing. And, if you are not there, go back to induction level eating habits and stay there.

It IS working for you.

Best,
T.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 15:29

Stats: 222/209/150 Female 5' 6.5"
BF:39%/34.6%/24%
Progress: 18%

What is your exercise like?

~Shelly
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 17:06
Registered Member

Stats: 265/245/180 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hi, Lexi!!

Are you getting enough water? Enough exercise? Have you tried going back to strict induction?

Congrats on what you have lost so far! Celebrate that loss, and know that it WILL keep coming off.